Business Systems Analyst - Chester - £23k - £30k depending on experience
This is great opportunity to work with great people in a great company! They really look after their staff, provide excellent training and development and offer real career progression.
This role would be suitable either for an experienced Business Systems Analyst looking for a fresh challenge or a Computer Science (or related) Graduate with some work experience who has excellent analytical skills and a strong interest in business and project management.
Reporting to the Senior Information Systems Manager, you will help to manage change and plan for the future in line with company goals. You will need to understand how the business works and how the departments interact, and you will identify future needs and work with the business departments to analyse and document business requirements that contribute to the creation of solutions to help meet those needs, in relation to information systems.
You will review business processes in order to gain a complete understanding of current procedures, identify improvements, document those processes, and connect business people to information technology groups.
- Communicate with internal business units to understand the needs of departments and the organisation as a whole
- Work with stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the service / function / product provided by information services
- Use data modelling practices to analyse your findings and create suggestions for operational improvements and changes
- Consider the opportunities and potential risks attached to the suggestions you have made
- Communicate the benefits of your recommendations and help to address any uncertainty and concern
- Produce written documentation to describe the current state of a business function, as well as the desired target state
- Ensure plans are made and processes are created to evaluate the impact of the changes requested by the various business units
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ideally 3 years previous experience working in a Business / Systems Analysis role; however strong graduates will be considered
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing
- The ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within your project timeframes
- Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach
- A strong understanding of information technology
- Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions
- Basic knowledge in generating process documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
Please contact me asap for more information.
- Business Analyst
- Communication Skills
- Data Modeling
- Information Systems
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job