Business System Administration Assistant
Business System Administration Assistant
Permanent, Full Time
Salary Range: £22,821 - £24,539 + excellent benefits including outstanding pension scheme
30th May 2020
Are you an experienced Administration Assistant with excellent communication skills, organisational skills and attention to detail?
Do you want to work for an organisation that is helping to shape the future of the world`s energy?
Are you confident in the use of databases, Excel and Microsoft Office?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Business System Administration Assistant to join a collaborative team of 4, providing administration support related to our business system, Unit 4 Business World (U4BW). Due to the access to sensitive, personal and confidential data held within the U4BW system, this role carries considerable responsibility which requires security vetting to UKSV SC level.
The UK Atomic Energy Authority runs the UK`s national nuclear fusion energy research programme, bringing the power source of the stars down to Earth. Fusion is the process that powers the Sun, and it can play a big part in our carbon-free energy future by giving the world a safer form of nuclear power.
As a valued member of the team, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Business System Support Lead with the processing of new user requests and leaver requests checking for all functions that need to be transferred to the new user or closed off
- Assisting the Business System Support Lead with the processing of U4BW tasks including issuing access, checking training records and ensuring security clearance has been issued
- Maintaining and updating U4BW with position changes and substitution pools
- Dealing with responses to professional users/segregation of duties quarterly report (adding/removing access roles)
- Providing support with any day-to-day administration duties including writing minutes/training material/work instructions and any ad-hoc tasks
- Full-time post would incorporate admin support of other teams within the Business Systems and Finance Department
At UKAEA, we strive to make everyone feel welcome and fully supported. Our Ambassadors are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the Organisation to help make our Organisation an employer of choice. UKAEA has a graded career structure and our mentoring scheme will enable you to reach your true potential.
The UKAEA hosts and manages the JET nuclear fusion energy experiment on behalf of the EU and is also home to the UK`s MAST-U fusion energy experiment. UKAEA also works with industry and other third parties to develop new technologies currently in Remote Handling and Materials research.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Administration experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal with individuals at all levels
- Good IT skills including databases, Excel and Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills, organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility to undertake a variety of administrative tasks allocated by management
- Proactive approach with an ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision
- Confidentiality is paramount, the postholder has access to a high level of personal information. The role requires absolute discretion. National Security Vetting clearance at SC level is required.
- A good understanding of the use and versatility of large database systems
- Previous experience using an ERP system or database is advantageous, but not essential
Selection Methods and Notes:
- As part of the selection process, you may be expected to complete work-based simulation exercises and a personality profile either online or onsite.
- Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
- Please note, UKAEA do not pay travel expenses for interviews.
- The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role.
- Please note, all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance - The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'