We are proudly representing our public sector client based in Darlington for their search for a Business Support Officer. They now have an immediate requirement to recruit for a short term temporary assignment to start as soon as possible.
- To undertake a range of business support tasks such as managing your own emails, copying, scanning, faxing, archiving, post, answering the telephone and taking messages.
- To fulfil the Business Support tasks for the day to day administrative requirements including administrative tasks for the Team
- To fulfil the Business Support tasks for the day to day administrative requirements of the Client’s Procurement Processes as set out in the Procurement Notes/handbook or as otherwise required.
- To provide administrative support and assistance to the Head of Procurement in connection with contracts and commercial matters.
- To be responsible for inputting and updating records both manually and electronically on multiple systems, including extracting basic information within set parameters.
- Carry out basic audit and quality control of data input.
- Copy typing from notes, including completing standardised templates.
- To deal with enquiries by telephone and face to face and ensure that they are dealt with effectively and efficiently, e.g. answering routine queries, signposting and taking messages where appropriate.
- Provide telephone cover and assistance for other teams as required.
- To input, complete and update both manual and electronic standard format data, checking the correct information is provided and chasing missing data.
- Produce standard reports and presentations.
- To provide basic facilities management - setting up rooms for meetings ensuring the required equipment and resources are available and assisting attendees.
- Undertake the co-ordination of public information and literature, ensuring stock levels are maintained and in date.
- To carry out routine invoicing, creating purchase orders (including orders for non-routine items), handling of petty cash and taking payments.
- The population and creation of basic of spreadsheets, including the creation and use of basic formula.
- To take notes at meetings.
- To coordinate dairy planning for the Senior Management Team and other senior managers, including entering agreed multiple engagements/meetings into electronic diaries.
- To keep diaries up to date with all changes, including last minute changes each day to ensure an up to date record is maintained.
- Management of Room bookings including inviting attendees and distribution of notes.
- To be the dedicated Printer champion for the department, ensuring that stock levels are maintained, reporting faults and ensuring maintenance of the printers.
- Understanding of computer systems and competency in Office Applications e.g. MS Word/Excel and office packages.
- Previous clerical experience and knowledge of clerical systems and procedures
- Experience of dealing with enquiries from a range of people
- Reception/telephone experience.
- Ability to apply accurate literacy and numeracy skills to include spelling, grammar, punctuation, percentages and decimals
- Ability to organise own work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to a range of audiences
- Able to deal confidently with members of the public, colleagues, members and external organisations
- Flexibility, willingness and motivation to expand knowledge and experience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Some posts may involve working in establishments that deal with vulnerable clients and as such applicants must be capable of working in this type of environment.
- Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours and attitudes to use of authority and maintaining discipline.
- Suitability to work with children.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job