To provide an efficient and effective administrative service including, covering a busy Helpdesk. Responsible for logging, monitoring and maintaining manual and computerised systems for room booking and fault reporting. To provide administrative support to the team to enable the Facilities Management service to function effectively. Ensuring attention to detail.
- To provide confidential, administrative support to the team including answering telephone enquiries, diary management, arrangement of meetings, minute taking, prioritising and answering routine correspondence and e-mails as directed.
- To deal with customer queries/information, including facilities management room bookings, refreshments, fault reporting, car parking, managing buildings notice boards and all general FM issues, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in responding to queries. Support the monitoring of jobs including planned and reactive maintenance.
- To assist in the management of Health & Safety at council properties including fire safety, to coordinate and support the Directorate’s Health & Safety Forums and meetings and support the Management of service contracts including the Corporate Cleaning Contract.
- Assist in preparation of statistical and research reports to inform management, customers, tenants and federation groups.
- To carry out project work and assist in the preparation of research material and collation / analysis of data as required, producing performance indicator where required including co-ordinating customer satisfaction surveys.
- To establish, develop and maintain complex administrative and / or financial processes, systems and procedures as appropriate including maintaining energy readings for all corporate, sickness returns, and recharging, to support the team and to ensure data quality and accuracy. Provide budget management support to the Service Managers within the department, including processing of year end information, day to day invoices and raising financial orders.
- Manage the departments filing systems, keeping hard copies to a minimum by transferring documents to archiving or following the DIP process.
- To contribute to the development of effective business partnerships, both internal and external, through establishing good customer relationships and by delivering high quality support services.
- To prepare documents using Microsoft Office packages including word processing specifications, tenders, reports etc., produce presentations using PowerPoint and to present numerical information using Excel.
- To co-ordinate the response to all complaints and correspondence, ensuring responses are in line with Council procedures and that relevant documentation, tracking and confidentiality is maintained.
- To act as the lead for Facilities Management Business Support, providing cover for all support areas including Helpdesk and Reception. To undertake any other tasks which are commensurate to the grade of the post.
Providing office management/service support services.
Working effectively with senior managers, professional staff and external agencies.
Developing and managing computerised and manual information management systems.
Experience of working in a busy helpdesk environment.
Knowledge of health, safety and welfare policies for a safe working environment.
Knowledge of equal opportunities policies and procedures. Experience of implementing these within a service area.
Understands the strategic, operational direction of the division and contributes to, assists in its development and performance.
Administrative skills at a high level.
Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
Ability to undertake research and project work.
Information Technology skills for utilising the Internet including accurate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Ability to handle data accurately including complex financial data if required.
Flexible, adaptable and able to work using own initiative.
Ability to prioritise work load and meet deadlines.
Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels in a calm, confident and professional manner both verbally and in writing
Able to speak more than one language
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job