Business Support Office Administrator
£9.50 per hour
Monday - Friday 08.30am - 5pm
- To provide a full range of secretarial and administrative support to senior managers in the Claims Management Unit
- Diary management, receiving and distributing messages and documents
- Arranging travel and organising visits
- Initiating and managing routine correspondence, including the production of letters, minutes, memoranda and reports in an efficient and effective manner.
- To work closely with other senior officers and members of the team ensuring effective communication and consistency within the team
- To assist with monitoring and maintenance of budgets and other financial transactions as directed by senior officers
- To maintain staff records including liaison with HR.
- To maintain the "shared drive" for the Claims Management Unit, including managing the security of files.
- To co-ordinate the recruitment process for the Unit, including the processing of forms, liaising with HRSCC and ensuring deadlines are met.
- To be responsible for the recruitment and leavers process within the Unit, ensuring that all relevant documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- To be customer focused and provide an efficient and effective customer service.
- To provide administrative assistance in relation to those departmental projects or events allocated by senior managers including providing administrative and secretarial cover across the unit for a range of tasks
- To undertake any other duties required by senior managers which are commensurate with the grading of the post
- Personally, accountable for delivering services efficiently, effectively, within budget and to implement any approved savings and investment allocated to the service area
- Ensure that all work is completed with a commitment to equality and anti-discriminatory practice, as a minimum to standards required by legislation.
- Possess a relevant administrative qualification (e.g. NVQ3, HNC, CBA) or equivalent
- Word processing qualification equivalent to 50 wpm
- Minimum of 4 GCSE’s or equivalent, including good standards of literacy and numeracy in Maths and English
Knowledge / Experience
- Knowledge of regulatory / customer service or similar environment
- Secretarial / administrative experience supporting Senior management
- Experience of providing excellent customer service to consumers and businesses
- Experience in using Microsoft office or equivalent software package.
- Experience of working within a service that operates a Quality Management System
- Knowledge of Financial techniques and procedures.
- An understanding of the importance of customer care in a daily context
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Discretion and ability to establish good working relationships at all levels.
- Time management and organisational skills with an ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Capable of working either on your own or within a team.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'