Business Support Manager
Job type: Permanent
Meraki Talent is currently recruiting for a confident and competent business support manager to join our client, an admirable and well renowned charity.
You can expect a competitive salary and a role within an organisation that offers good job satisfaction. The ideal candidate will be highly experienced within managing business support functions and small reception teams.
Responsibilities of the Business Support Manager:
Customer Care and Standards
- Promote high customer service standards ensuring the reception team deliver exceptional service consistently
- Assist the team in dealing with difficult customer situations that can arise on site, resolving in a professional manner
- Assist the organisations’ HR function with interview and induction preparations
- Be the first port of call for escalated front of house customer complaints, investigating appropriately
- Line manage the front office team by effectively managing, guiding, and developing staff to maximise their performance
- Ensure there is an appropriate staff roster in place to resource the front office and administrative functions
- Conduct performance management and annual appraisals with the front office team as necessary
Health and Safety
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Business Support by collating and issuing quarterly Health and Safety Committee papers, acting as note taker for quarterly meetings and sub-committee meetings
- Report any H&S concerns to the facilities Coordinator and H&S manager to problem solve site problems which affect health and safety compliance
- Work with the Organisational Development Officer to organise and deliver H&S training for employees and volunteers
- Monitor the annual maintenance schedule ensuring all checks and annual tests
- Manage the scheduling of contract cleaners, gardeners, waste collection, and security for the site
- Provide travel planning and diary management to the CEO and Senior Management Team
- Provide admin support to the CEO, Management teams, and the Board of Trustees preparing letters, presentations, and reports
- Escalate IT queries within the business, manage the procurement of all office supplies, ensure the provisions of basic refreshments for the staff and work across departments to develop good administrative processes
Communication and Administration
- Provide simple management reports on activities as requested
- Liaise with the communications team to answer customer letters and feedback providing advice, assistance, and a first point of contact for escalation
Background of the Business Support Manager:
- Ability to have direct conversations with team members to ensure standards maintained and driven
- Strong relationship management skills able to hold your own in any circumstance Relevant business/administration qualification or equivalent experience
- Significant demonstrable management experience in a business/administration related role
- Experience of working with fundraising and communication team business requirements
- Health and safety qualification
- Experience of leading on customer and client care standards
- Volunteer and staff management experience
- Experience in providing executive support to a senior management team
- Fully IT literate on all major software packages including outlook and word
To be considered for this vacancy you must meet the full criteria above. Due to the high numbers of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Is this job for you? Meraki needs: Business Support, Management Experience, Health & Safety, Customer Care
- Business Support
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'