The National Trust is a busy organisation that has a lot going on at all times - you can guarantee that no day is the same so you’ll have to love variety. As well as supporting day to day operations, you’ll have the chance to support a variety of projects and offer your advice beyond your team. You’ll always champion best practice when it comes to business support, and will be confident challenging the norm when you think there’s a better way of doing something.
Sutton Hoo is home to one of the most significant archaeological discoveries. Every year 100,000 people visit Sutton Hoo to see a place often referred to as the first page of English history. Thanks to the support of the Heritage Lottery Fund, Sutton Hoo will shortly commence a £4 million project, due for completion in 2021, which will radically enhance the experience for visitors.
What it's like to work here
The Anglo-Saxon burial site of Sutton Hoo, near Woodbridge, Suffolk, is home to a series of burial mounds including the famed Mound One ship burial, thought to have potentially been the resting place of the Anglo-Saxon king Rædwald. Excavated in 1939 this "incredibly significant treasure trove" changed the way that we thought about the Dark Ages and the history of England.
The site also has an Exhibition Hall, Tranmer House (which was the home of Mrs Pretty who instigated the original archaeological dig), walks and woodland area plus a café, shop, book shop, event space and visitor reception area.
What you'll be doing
Known for your exceptional organisational skills and your love of delivering first class support, you’ll provide a comprehensive administration service to your property team. As well as looking after people’s diaries and movements, you’ll be confident using a variety of IT packages to create reports, keep accurate records, and write timely and accurate internal/external communications. You’ll run a tight ship, and will soon be the go to person for your team.
Who we're looking for
In order to be successful in this role, you’ll need to have/be;
- A proven track record of innovating, leading and developing volunteering offers and programmes, including knowledge of volunteering principles, trends and practice
- Passionate and enthusiastic about the benefits of great volunteer involvement
- Proven cultural change management ability
- Experience of working with volunteers and knowledge of the framework which the Trust uses to support the volunteer journey. Evidence of understanding the differences between staff and volunteers, particularly the legal framework, the approach to reward and recognition and different motivations
- Inspiring leadership skills, including coaching, team development, motivation, communication, professional development and setting strategic direction
- Excellent people and influencing skills enabling strong relationships and networks to be built and maintained, externally and internally
- Proven track record of managing budgets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including public presentation and influencing
- Track record of inspiring others with your passion for excellent service delivery and the importance of involving our supporters in our cause
- Advanced IT skills (Microsoft Office)
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job