Business Support Clerical Assistant
I am currently recruiting for a Business Support Clerical Assistant to work at my client, a leading force based in the HU5 postcode of Hull.
- Undertake a broad range of everyday clerical duties e.g. Stationery, reconciliation, Mail Room and franking machine duties, photocopying,
- Maintain appropriate records and inventories, files documentation.
- Reconcile associated accounts and provides financial/statistical information as required.
- Undertake routine preparation of reports and correspondence as required.
- Process allowances and claims, ensuring compliance with Regulations, Staff Handbook and associated Policy & Guidance.
- Undertake and maintain a range of administrative procedures in relation to car hire, hotel and travel bookings, organising meetings and ceremonies, meal vouchers, catering arrangements, Humber Bridge passes, Pedlars certificates, alien registrations, fixed penalties, locker allocation, officers notebooks etc, ensuring all requests meet pre-determined criteria.
- Uses IT systems to manipulate files and spreadsheets to complete ad-hoc enquiries/tasks.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be IT literate and be able to use a variety of systems including MS packages
- Have previous clerical and administration experience
- Have well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Be methodical and accurate record keeping skills
An attractive rate of £9.89 per hour is on offer and the hours are 37 per week Monday to Friday,
What Reed can offer you as a temporary employee:
- A dedicated consultant who will act as your key point of contact during and between any bookings
- Secure & online time sheet system which is quick and easy to use
- A self-service portal to access holiday requests/ Payslips/ P45 at your own leisure
- A dedicated payroll team
- Access to free training
- Access to discount club/ healthcare/ reed rewards
- Pension /paid holiday scheme/ maternity benefits
- Contacts for other Reed consultants and divisions
- Opportunities to work with some of the UKs leading employers including local authorities, NHS and local SME's
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'