Business Support Assistant
Salary: £15,200 per annum
Contract: Fixed Term, 6 months
Hours: Full Time, 37 hours per week
Location: County Hall, Chelmsford
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK and is undergoing significant transformational change to further enhance customer focus, service and delivery. As part of this, the Business Support team work in specialised Business Centres to promote specialised knowledge and improved service and efficiencies.
This role involves working as part of a business support team to deliver effective, routine administrative support within a business centre; learning and developing an understanding of existing processes and systems and have a good basic knowledge of the business centre and its' activities and processes.
* Providing general administrative support within a business centre
* Dealing with day to day work as delegated from the Business Centre Manager or directly from the customer ensuring all work is in line with Corporate and other policies and procedure.
* Accurate and efficient data entry onto ECC systems and in line with Data protection Policies.
* Minute taking
* Customer service
* Providing high quality, efficient and effective Business Support services to internal and external customers within agreed timescales and SLAs
* Responding to customer requests and queries in a timely and efficient way
* Acting as a professional representative of the Business Support service at a local level
* Delivering the required activities of the respective business centre(s)
* Providing high quality self-directed administrative support, checking own work and proactively looking to raise standards
* Maintaining confidential records according to Essex County Council guidance
* Dealing with correspondence for the team or service in a timely, consistent and professional manner.
* Sharing knowledge and good practice with colleagues and highlighting more efficient ways of doing tasks
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Good Standard of basic education - 5 GCSEs grade C and above (including Maths and English) or comparable experience/qualifications.
- Demonstrable experience and competence of MS Office applications and their practical application.
- Ability to use computerised systems with a high level of speed and accuracy.
- Previous experience of managing electronic or hard copy filing systems
- Ability to communicate in a manner which is easily understood and tailored to meet the needs of the audience.
- As part of the role you may have access to sensitive and/or personal information.
- Ability to think about alternative ways of doing things and being open to new work practices and responsive to change.
- Ability to take ownership of work and fulfil agreed commitments, checking work for accuracy.
- This position is for a minute taker, therefore substantial Minute Taking experience or relevant transferrable skills are essential.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://benefits)
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://dbs-update-service
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Business Support
- Data Entry
- Full time
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job