Business Support Assistant
Work Locations: Leeds Thorpe Park Office LS15 8ZB
Target Start Date: 12-Feb-2018
Contract Duration: 9 months
Our Building Design Practice have a 9 month temporary vacancy for a Business Support Assistant to cover a period of maternity leave.
Title: Business Support Assistant
Location: Thorpe Park, Leeds (office based)
Working hours: 37.5 hrs per week over 5 days
Role: To provide day-to-day administrative support to our architecture, landscape design, civils & structures and building services teams in the Leeds office
Our existing post-holder is taking extended leave for maternity reasons, we anticipate this lasting 6-9mths. We therefore require a Business Support Assistant on a Contract / Temporary basis for the intervening period. The exact duration is unknown however a minimum of 3mths. There is presently no option to convert this temporary role to a permanent position.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team across various offices.
• Good organisational skills and the ability to manage and prioritise workload.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Sound knowledge MSOffice inc Word, Excel and PowerPoint to an intermediate level.
• Ability to adapt quickly to changes and corporate processes.
• Work well under pressure.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
• Sound knowledge MSOffice inc MSWord, MSExcel and PowerPoint to an advanced level.
• Experience in a similar administration / business support role.
• Working knowledge of MSOutlook, Abode CS Suite.
• Experience in an administration function associated with the construction industry.
Will include, but will not be limited to:
• Making arrangements for:
o Internal and external meetings, conference calls, etc.
o Staff business travel inc; trains, hotels, car hire bookings.
• Update and monitor:
o Staff lists, email distribution lists, compliance matters, etc.
o H&S Training spread sheets.
o New starters/leavers.
o Misc compliance and completion records.
o Various registers.
• Diary Management and direct assistance to various senior team members.
• Administration duties
o Report formatting and general typing
o Post distribution
o Copying, printing and binding
o Ad hoc administrative duties as and when required
• Miscellaneous duties:
o IT arrangements for staff, new starters and leavers.
o Hard copy archiving to TNT and retrieval of boxes.
o Point of contact for copier issues (arrange engineer calls and paper supplies)
The successful candidate:
• Will be required to administer a number of our internal systems and processes including, but not limited to; timesheet approvals, suppliers, local invoicing, security clearances, ordering of suppliers inc PPE, stationery, equipment, software and hardware RFSs, etc.
• Will NOT be required to line manage any other staff.
• May be required to work alongside technical teams engaged on official secure projects therefore due to client requirements, those holding UK national citizenship and a UK Passport would be preferable.
Security vetting will be assessed and arranged once the candidate is in post.
Private car parking is available on-site, subject to terms and conditions, on a first come first served basis. Car parking can be subject to business priorities which may require staff to park elsewhere at their own expense.
- Administrative Duties
- Business Support
- Diary Management
- General Admin