Business Support Assistant - Kings Hill
Location: Kings Hill
Job Type: Full time, temporary
Pay rate: £8.50-9.69ph
Connect2Kent are looking for a temporary Business Support Assistant to work within the Children in Care Team in Kings Hill.
The team are looking for someone who can provide administrative/clerical/business support to a team of staff, to assist in the smooth running of the service and take a proactive role in relation to its day to day functioning.
- Produce all types of documents, from handwritten and recorded sources, drafting routine correspondence on behalf of the service, and tracking responses to correspondence and other paperwork.
- Act as a point of contact for the team, dealing with queries and complaints, assessing the nature of telephone calls, referring them to the appropriate person without referral to the manager where possible, and receiving visitors in a courteous, prompt and efficient manner.
- Maintain and monitor office systems, including the database and electronic filing systems, checking that key documents are included and pursuing any missing documents, to ensure that systems are adapted to improve effectiveness in line with the Records Management Policy, data protection and freedom of information protocols.
- Support the day to day clerical and administrative functions of the service, in addition to the monitoring of emails and telephone messages for appropriate team members, stationery ordering and the processing of mail etc., in order to facilitate the smooth running of the service.
- Arrange and coordinate a range of meetings on behalf of the service, electronically dispatching the relevant documents in advance of the meeting and fully maximising the use of IT equipment to record meetings for internal, multi-agency and client meetings/conferences as and when required to do so. Ensure that meetings run smoothly and action points are followed up.
- Update, modify and retrieve data on computerised systems using the appropriate software, preparing standard and non-standard reports, cross checking data held on different systems to ensure accuracy and recommending new systems to meet information needs in order to provide accurate and reliable information, on which management decisions can be made.
- Support managers and staff with a range of HR processes including sickness absence management, recruitment and induction to ensure that prescribed practices are followed.
- Support managers in the processing and monitoring of a range of financial and procurement transactions to help ensure that budgets are properly managed and procurement policy adhered to.
- A Basic DBS check is required for this post at a cost of £25 as you will be working with sensitive information.
- You will be required to register at our office in Kings Hill, West Malling if successful.
Connect2Kent is an agency acting as an employment business and as an equal opportunity agency.
Due to the urgent nature of this position, please respond to this advert online in the first instance. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours, please assume that you have been unsuccessful for this role.
Close date - 29/03/2020
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
- IT Skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'