£25,314 per annum for 36 hours per week based at County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston, KT1 2DN. This position is based inside one of our main area offices, click HERE to see a 360 degree view of the building and surrounding area along with a view of the reception.
Where possible, we offer flexible working, mobile phones and laptops. 24 days annual leave for full time staff or pro rata for part time staff. Local government salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
About the Role
Our IT and Digital team is part of the Orbis partnership, which encompasses Surrey County Council, East Sussex County Council and Brighton & Hove City Council. The purpose of this partnership is to deliver greater value for our councils, residents and customers by increasing efficiencies and exploiting the benefits of sharing people, resources and technology.
The small Business Support team is based in Kingston and supports the efficient running of the department based in County Hall. Key roles are to manage the responses freedom of information requests (FOI) for the department and to record requisitions in SAP.
The successful applicant will;-
- Use SAP to requisition goods and services and record time administration data
- Coordinate arrangements for team meetings and events on behalf of the senior leadership team
- Develop and edit department web pages
- Review and improve the existing team processes to make them more efficient
It would also be beneficial if you have knowledge/experience of responding to freedom of information requests (FOI)
To be shortlisted for interview, your application will need to provide evidence of the following;-
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisation skills and the ability to work under pressure on occasions, to tight deadlines
- Excellent customer service and IT skills which should include Microsoft Excel, Word. SAP would also be beneficial
- Have previous experience of working in a busy office environment; and the ability to work as part of a team whilst being proactive and using your initiative
- Have a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Experience of managing the workload of a team
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 3rd June 2018.
Interviews will take place week commencing 11th June 2018.
Equal Opportunity, Values and Behaviours
Orbis and Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under-represented groups.
We asked everyone across Orbis what words, values and behaviours they think will be crucial to Orbis' success. We then took these and shaped them into a set of statements that epitomise what everyone working within Orbis should strive towards. We call this 'being EPIC':
- Being seen as having Expertise
- Having Passion in what we do
- Being curious to deliver Innovation
- Having the Customer at the heart of everything that we do
The Orbis behaviours are what people experience when they interact. They encompass how we do our work and how we treat other.
- Make things happen - Taking ownership and accountability to deliver results
- Challenge the status quo - Always looking for opportunities to further improve
- Be customer centred - Delivering excellent services to our customers and residents, based on strong insight and relationships
- Achieve more together - Working with others to achieve more than could have been achieved alone
- Role model our Public Service values - Always behaving in a way that is consistent with the values unique to the Public Sector
- Lead by example - Consistently role modelling the Orbis behaviours
- Empower- leading in a way that enables others to take action and develop themselves
- Inspire and involve - Setting a clear direction and involving others in the achievement of it
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job