Business Support Administrator - Part Time (12 Month FTC)
Ofcom is the independent regulator for the UK communications sectors and we are globally respected for the work we do. We regulate TV and radio broadcasting, fixed and mobile telecoms, postal services, plus the airwaves over which wireless devices operate.
About the Job
You will work as part of a Business Support function within the Spectrum Services team.
The key functions of the team are: Procurement, Asset Management, Equipment Calibration & Repair, Fleet Management, Mast Site Administration and ad hoc general business support to the wider Spectrum Group.
What you will be doing
- Buyer, processing key procurement documentation e.g. purchase orders, invoices, goods receipt notes in line with relevant Ofcom processes.
- Support existing members of the team in day to day administration of Ofcom fleet - both leased and owned.
- Provide administrative support to existing members of the team regarding any tasks related to Asset Data Input and dealing with calibration and repair requests.
- Provide general business support in day to day activities and ad hoc projects in support of Spectrum Group and any other tasks as instructed by line manager.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders regarding any queries.
- Maintain appropriate records; ensure that SharePoint is updated with all relevant documentation.
- Produce detailed bespoke reports when required.
Essential Skills / Experience
- General financial administration and procurement experience (e.g. invoices, purchase orders and budgets).
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel) and ability to become proficient with other Ofcom IT systems. (e.g. SAP)
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 standard and application of standard.
- Systems and process knowledge of SAP, SharePoint, Asset management system.
- Understanding of procurement processes.
Ofcom offers competitive salaries plus pensions and flexible benefits package.
Ofcom is an equal opportunities employer and committed to equality of opportunity for all. As an accredited Two Ticks employer, disabled candidates who meet all the essential criteria of a job description will be guaranteed an interview.
The closing date for applications is the 17th April 2018.
To apply for the role of Business Support Administrator (Part Time, Contract), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Business Support Administrator, Part Time, Contract, Procurement Administrator, Buying Assistant, Business Support Assistant, Administrator, Office Administrator, Administration.