Job reference number 84859
Business Solutions Lead
Royal Mail Farringdon
Not many companies can say they’ve been around for 500 years and were founded by Henry VIII, but we can. Royal Mail is the UK’s designated Universal Postal Service Provider, supporting customers, businesses and communities around the country. We are the only postal company to provide a one-price-goes-anywhere, six days a week service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK.
It is an exciting time to join Royal Mail. We’re a FTSE 100 company, generating revenue of £9,776m in 2016-17. As one of the UK's leading companies, we generated revenue of £9,776m in 2016-17. On top of this, we have recently undertaken an extensive review and transformation of the Technology function, one of the largest IT transformation programmes across the UK. With this transformation now complete, there is significant potential for growth and success.
Digital is now at the heart of our business and drives our vision of enabling smarter working - from Front Line colleagues through to Head Office. At the same time we strive to deliver innovative products and services through a world class customer experience.
• Own the business relationship with a specific business unit or business units
• Manage the shaping of all major transformational business, technology and process change projects & programmes for that business area
• Take leadership of the technology vision for a product or functional area
• Leadership of a team of business analyst resources
Reports To: IT Portfolio Director
• Lead the shaping and delivery of major transformational business, technology and process change projects & programmes
• Including feasibility studies, impact assessments, RFI/ RFP processes and business cases.
• Elaborate business strategy into setup of world-class technology projects & programmes
• Establish & maintain detailed knowledge of a specified functional area, including business operations, processes and systems
• Take responsibility & leadership for short & long term product/ functional area vision
• Defines the problem or opportunity (vision), the business context and documents the desired future state & strategy using outcomes/ measures of success
• Owns value delivery using roadmaps to map features to programme increments
• Responsible for return on investment (ROI) and total cost of ownership (TCO) of the programme or product
• Acts as Product Owner for the product/ functional area
• Agrees, updates & reprioritises the product backlog,
• Co-ordinate with other product owners for content dependencies
• Prioritises features, stories and sprints based on business benefit & value, able to quickly make decisions and balance the needs & demands of competing senior stakeholder groups
• Validates that user stories meet acceptance criteria & will meet the ‘definition of done’
• Delivers direction to the sprint, functional & technical teams
• Work with usability partners to ensure a superlative user experience for our end-users
• Lead the facilitation of engaging business workshops & interviews with stakeholders from board level to frontline staff
• Stay aware of market and industry trends to add value and innovation to the business
• Actively contribute to Royal Mail’s Business Analysis community and collaborate with peers on best practice
• Drive & facilitate participation in improvement initiatives
• Mentoring & Line Management of RM Business Solutions Analysts, and participation in EoY calibration for direct reports
• Educate business stakeholders in agile ways of working and the benefits of iterative software delivery
• Stakeholder management – managing difficult stakeholders, & understanding business problems and pain points.
• Experience of working on Enterprise scale projects.
• Ability to act as a Product Owner
• Ability to focus on both short term product vision and long term strategy/ roadmap & release schedules
• Ability to work across teams to define and implement stories to increase velocity and quality of technology programmes
• Experience of scoping new projects, working on Terms of Reference/ Feasibility Studies & business cases, comfortable with presenting approaches to major business/ process improvement opportunities to CxO level.Highly desira
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job