In this role you will be part of the team responsible for delivering a programme of system implementations to Tier 1 customers. This will involve being responsible, along with a team of Business Consultants and Project Managers, for the implementation of Equiniti Charter software and services within agreed timescales, quality standards and budget.
The Business Solutions Consultant will focus on analysing business requirements, defining a solution design and the subsequent configuration and build of the software for release to the customer for UAT testing.
You will need to be customer facing, able to lead implementation meetings, assimilate and document specifications with clarity, whether this is a customer facing functional specification or an internal technical one.
You will also work with the Equiniti Charter project team to advise the customer on how to best approach implementation and configuration to achieve their objectives. The size of the organisation can often mean that there are several projects back to back or in tandem. This will require particular rigor to ensure that the scope and boundaries of the work are maintained.Department Information
Charter UK - part of the Equiniti Group - is a business critical supplier of enterprise-level Customer Feedback Management Systems and Workflow Management Systems with over 20 years industry experience.Core Duties/Responsibilities
- Participate in the delivery of complex and/or large implementations to the customer in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Jointly responsible with other team members for system installation/configuration, project testing, customer testing and support, process improvements and documentation.
- Develop strong analytical skills and gain a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer requirements and translate them into software application solutions.
- Develop a strong understanding of the Equiniti Charter core software and understand how it will interface with customer’s systems.
- Be the lead in solution design, prototyping and subsequent builds of software solutions, ensuring technical and functional specifications are accurate and relevant.
- Liaise with Development teams to communicate any interface requirements and ensure they are accurately documented.
- Ensure all Product related issues are communicated back to Product teams.
- Report project progress to and liaise with customers and management as required and escalate any project issues in a timely manner as specified in the agreed escalation procedures internally.
- Ensure all Customers receive a high standard of service and quality of deliverables in line with the project plan.
- Focus on monitoring and enhancing customer satisfaction with the key objectives of retaining the customer and commitment to further work wherever possible.
- Provide presales support to Sales Team Members when necessary including estimates of effort.
- Acquire knowledge of existing versions of software used in the company and keep up to date with new releases/development.
- Follow company project management and quality procedures and participate in their review and continuous improvement.
- Maintain technical skills though identification and completion of appropriate training (SQL, Oracle, Business Objects and Microsoft Products).
- Experience of working in a complex project environment with definitive objectives and deadlines.
- The capability to analyse business requirements and identify software solutions.
- Hands on experience of designing and configuring a complex software system in an enterprise environment.
- An understanding of how to manage work to meet the customer’s expectations and control scope.
- That you are an articulate and positive person with excellent communication skills both in writing and verbally.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- An ability to facilitate meetings and workshops.
- The ability to act as an interface between business and technology teams.
- Excellent time management including the ability to manage own time and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines.
- The ability to build relationships with key customers’ IT staff such as project and programme managers when working on implementation.
- Experience of SQL Reporting tools and MI Production.
- Client Services
- Software Solutions
- Business Solution
- System Implementations
- Technical Solution Design