Job reference number 77628
Business Solutions Analyst
Royal Mail Farringdon
The RMG IT Operations Delivery & Collections Portfolio covers the first and last steps of the mail pipeline, with over half a million collections per day from post boxes, post offices and businesses, and delivery to the circa 29 million addresses in the UK six days a week, with the vital support of our 100,000+ postmen and postwomen. We are currently in the process of upgrading our current supporting systems and scoping new initiatives that will help optimise the planning of our 66,000+ routes, ensure the safety of our staff and improve our service to our customers. We are looking for a Business Analyst with experience of working in such an environment that is able to demonstrate an understanding of complex data integration within a supply chain and cross-business disciplined environment. They must show a passion for transformational change and the enthusiasm for continuous improvements to deliver a combination of modernisation initiatives and cutting edge emerging technologies to an extensive user-base. In particular we are interested in experience of geospatial analytics, mobile apps and technologies that support our interactions with our customers (e.g. card payment services).
We in the Business IT Operations team are at the very heart of the transformation that Royal Mail is going through currently and the successful candidate will find themselves in a dynamic, fast paced environment that will both challenge and reward equally. You could be part of that transformational change!!!
- You will be the primary interface between the operations business and the technology leads, as such the ability to communicate clearly in different business environments and create key stakeholder relationships will be pivotal to the role.
- You will work proactively with the business to capture and document technical and business requirements in a clear and concise fashion. The ability to take complex problems and document them in a coherent manner is key to success. We require excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to document requirements without ambiguity.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to recognise opportunities to improve business processes and systems and the ability to quantify potential benefits to support building business cases.
- Preferably graduate calibre, we are seeking an individual with experience of flexible Waterfall and Agile project methodologies.
- Essential experience includes a demonstrable track record of delivering large and complex UK based technology projects, preferably in a supply chain environment.
- The successful candidate will have a track record of dealing with senior director level stakeholders.
- Actively contribute to Royal Mail’s Business Analysis Community and collaborate with peers on best practice to drive continuous improvement.
- Identification of high-value business improvement opportunities for programmes with measurable benefits
- Produces Requirements Specifications that will be used as the basis of supplier’s bids and tenders to supply solutions
- Accuracy and completeness of specifications is critical to minimise programme changes and associated costs.
- Need to understand software integration and data mapping
- Strong focus on understanding non-functional requirements as well as business requirements
- Supply Chain is essential - physical moving of products and understanding the technology that runs a supply chain.
- Self starter – able to use initiative
- Key stakeholder engagement – dealing with senior managers / directors.
- Up-to-date with latest BA techniques and methods.
- Needs very good standard of English both vocal and written.
- Business process modelling – UML (Universal Modelling Language) / BPMN (Business Process Modelling Notation)
- Agile - highly desirable. Especially Rapid development/Rapid deployment/continuous improvement
- Understanding of Project Management principles
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Closing Date: 03/05/2018
GIS, Supply, Business Analyst, Supply Chain, Project Manager, Technology, Operations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job