Business Services Skills Coach - home based covering the North West
Business Service Skills Coach
Systems Group specialises in the provision of customer focused training solutions. They deliver commercial, part funded and fully funded vocational training and are the leading training provider to the UK's logistics industry.
About the Role:
You will inspire, motivate and coach learners who are working towards Apprenticeship standards. Participating in the development, planning and delivery of a range of standards and programmes within your curriculum area. You will have a passion for learning and development of others and also developing your own CPD. A good team player who will keep your sector knowledge up to date and share best practices with your colleagues. We are looking for you to have strong experience in the following areas: Business Admin, Customer Service, Team Leader, Leadership and Management up to level 5, and Project Management.
The role will be Home Based covering the North West; therefore you need to be flexible regarding travel and have access to a car.
- Responsible for the support and motivation given to a caseload of approx 50 learners
- Accountable for the timely completion of a caseload of learners
- Planning and delivery of monthly workshop, 1:1 and group training sessions
- Observing and assessing knowledge retention and putting into practice
- Meet individual KPIs - Progress of learners, logging of training and timely completions.
- Provide feedback to your learners and employers
- Enrolments of new learners to program
- Weekly and monthly records are kept up to date and reliable
- Attend monthly standardisation meetings as required
- Contribute to the quality curriculum
- Work closely with your internal quality assurer to share best practice and deliver against action plans
- Contribute to the business quality improvement plan and self-assessment
- Embed Math's & English into all learner sessions
- Take part in the internal observation of teaching process and adhere to the standard quality operating plan
- GCSE Math's & English (or Eqv / willing to work towards)
- Qualified Trainer (willing to work towards)
- Qualified assessor (willing to work towards)
- Certified Manager Certificate (desirable)
- Demonstrate planning and organizational Skills
- Must be IT literate e.g. Office 365, LMS system, Maytas
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Demonstrate effective listening skills
- Presentation / delivery skills
- Good understanding of ESFA Rules and application of these
- Good understanding of Ofsted requirements
- Apprenticeship Standards and EPA process
- Detailed knowledge of occupational apprenticeship standards
- Minimum 5 years Occupational Competence within your sector
- Ability to effectively manage your diary
- Proven experience in Business Services (e.g. Business Admin, Customer Services, Project Management and up to Level 5 Leadership & Management)
- Full clean driving license
- E-portfolio desirable
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'