Business Services Manager - Swindon (Full Time, Permanent)
We are currently looking for an experienced Business Services Manager to join an Accountancy Practice based in Swindon.
Our client is looking for someone with 5 years Accountancy Practice experience (ideally with 5 years post qualified experience) and ACA/ACCA qualified or qualified by experience.
Roles and responsibilities as a Business Services Manager:
- Management of a portfolio of clients, sole traders, partnerships and limited companies dealing with specific queries or problems
- Assisting with project work as required
- Ensuring that appropriate information is fed into the compliance team in a timely manner to ensure that the team’s work can be effectively scheduled allowing the assessment of resources and time requirements, including flexibility to deal with new clients, additional work, or busy periods.
- Delegating client compliance work as appropriate, ensuring that employees have the appropriate skills and knowledge to complete the tasks. Provide guidance and direction as required, holding planning meetings involving all parties as necessary
- Reviewing work carried out discussing any lessons learned/ideas for the future with partner and employee
- Completing more complex accounts work for clients as required by the Client Portfolio Manager, where it is not appropriate for the activities to be completed in the compliance centre
- Ensuring that all budgets and timescales are met by employees and that they consistently provide an acceptable level of service
- Supporting the development of the business by being proactive in identifying opportunities for the provision of additional services
- Providing direction, counselling, coaching, feedback and support to more junior employees
- Where appropriate, reviewing the work carried out by the compliance centre staff, checking this for accuracy, quality and feeding back.
- Providing feedback to partners on team or business activities to ensure that they are fully aware of any issues
- Supporting business development
Skills needed for the Business Services Manager:
- Wide range of general practice experience for owner managed businesses including personal tax
- Experience of managing a team
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Good customer care skills
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to work in an organised manner to strict deadlines - planning, diary management, department systems set-up and maintenance
- Excellent influencing skills both on an internal and client-facing basis
In return for your skills, you will receive a competitive salary depending on your experience and some great company benefits.
Just hit the apply button to forward over your CV for the Business Services Manager role.
First 2 Recruit Ltd is an Employment Agency who provide permanent and fixed term contract services and an Employment Business who provide temporary services as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973. First 2 Recruit Ltd will collect the personal details which job seekers provide to us for the purposes of providing job seekers with work-finding services. In providing this service to job seekers we may need to transfer their personal details to our client companies.
Please note we regret that due to the high volume of CV's received we cannot give individual feedback to candidates, if you are not contacted within 5 working days of submitting your CV please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
First 2 Recruit Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or perceived age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.
- Accountancy Firm
- Business Services
- General Practice
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'