An experienced Business Services Manager required for this award-winning accountancy practice in Edinburgh.
As Manager, you will manage a varied and interesting portfolio of clients from a wide range of sectors including entrepreneurs, start-ups and technology companies. You will support the team in providing excellent services for clients including tailored management accounts, business plans, projections and secondments. You will be a 'trusted advisor’ to your client base, business partnering with them to help them achieve their objectives. The firm embraces rapidly developing ideas and concepts including the use of data analytics and cloud-based accounting technology, experience of which would be beneficial in this role.
The main duties will include:
- Management of a varied portfolio of clients, reporting directly to the partners
- People management duties including coaching and developing staff
- Review of management accounts, VAT returns and annual accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Preparation and review of forecasts, business plans and other ad-hoc reports
- Preparation of fee quotes and proposals for potential new clients including attending client meetings
- Assist in all aspects of the day to day running of the department along with the review and development of improved working practices and in-house training sessions
- Identifying and supporting with business development opportunities
You will be a qualified Accountant (CA/ACCA/ACA) with a minimum of 2-3 years PQE relevant experience gained in an accountancy practice. You will demonstrate strong practical knowledge of financial reporting and VAT skills and will adopt a proactive approach to the growth and development of the department. You will be experienced at review level and can demonstrate competent skills to manage more junior members of the team. Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills are essential for this role.
Salary £Competitive + Benefits. The firm offers flexible working hours in a friendly supportive environment. For further information contact Lynsey Kerr at Lusona Consultancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job