- To provide a comprehensive range of administrative support services through efficient working.
- Set up and maintain asset register on Sharepoint. Ensure new assets are added to the register and distributed accordingly. Ensure that each year the asset list is updated and auditable; ensuring managers provide updates where applicable.
- Procure goods and services through an electronic procurement system ensuring that the Constabulary's financial and procurement rules are adhered to and that we achieve value for money.
- Procure travel and accommodation in line with Travel Policy ensuring that the Constabulary achieves the best value for money possible.
- Take and resolve supplier enquiries in a timely and professional manner. Where appropriate, undertake supplier statement reconciliation in order to resolve queries.
- Complete necessary processes for invoice reconciliation and supplier enablement in accordance with force policy.
- Ensure ORACLE is updated with all new customer information.
- Routine tasks associated with the reconciliation of petty cash accounts for inclusion into the General Ledger, solving basic anomalies and escalating to the Business Services Administration Officer as appropriate.
- Routine tasks associated with the receipt and banking of income (including debtors) for inclusion into the General Ledger, solving basic anomalies and escalating to the Business Services Administration Officer as appropriate.
- Create and obtain authorisation for cheques as required, ensuring an accurate audit trail is kept and maintained.
- Support the Business Services Administration Officer as required.
- Process and respond to civil litigation correspondence in a professional, sensitive and timely fashion as directed by the Business Services Administration Officer.
- Input of road traffic collision reports on to the traffic management system.
- Coordinate information and arrangements regarding events on highways.
- To support the Community Safety Units with the administration of 'It's your Choice' and similar initiatives as appropriate.
- Receive and manage specific Fixed Penalty Notice information and maintain accurate records for audit purposes, including the update of the SLEUTH system with detections.
- Ensure that all calls coming into the Central Services are answered as soon as possible and messages forwarded to the appropriate person in a timely manner. Deal with telephone enquiries on a range of departmental issues and instigate an appropriate response.
- Provide personnel information to ACPO and Almanac as requested. Place orders for new directories / Almanacs and distribute. Ensure the invoice is matched to the order and ensure payment.
- Complete room booking requests as appropriate. Update Estates with any room layout requests and any catering requests are actioned. Where cancellations are received, ensure all relevant parties are informed.
- Use appropriate IT systems to complete relevant processes including ordering, word processing, input to Excel spreadsheets and the updating of intranet (SharePoint) information.
- Ensure that all sensitive correspondence is completed in a timely and confidential manner.
- Support the Business Services Administration Officer to organise awards ceremonies.
- Undertake Holmes typing when necessary to support major incidents, from the Central Services Department during working hours.
- The post holder contributes to the efficient operation of the department
- The post holder will work in an environment where conflicting priorities require careful balancing to ensure services are delivered.
- Previous administrative and clerical experience
- Proven organisational skills
- IT literate, including use of spreadsheets and Microsoft packages
- Competent keyboard skills
- Evidence of good communication skills
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines
- 3 GCSE passes
- Customer service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job