The purpose of this role is to take responsibility for own caseload as well as support senior staff in performing larger and more complex cases. In addition, the supervision of more junior staff and deputising for the senior manager/director may, at times, be required. The role is principally responsible to a project director or senior manager but will also report directly to the relevant partner when directed.
There will be opportunities to continue developing technical skills and knowledge through on the job experience and formal training.
- Completely discharge all duties and responsibilities expected of a manager in dealing with Advisory, Restructuring and formal appointment engagements
- Assist senior managers/directors in producing realistic budgets for agreement with partner and client.
- Monitoring budgets versus work in progress, ensuring assignments are completed on time and within budget
- Preparation of Project Acceptance Committee briefings and certain aspects of the client acceptance documentation
- Identify and agree a strategy for significant risk areas of each assignment with senior staff before proceeding
- Assume responsibility for specific areas of a business and establish relevant controls in respect of trading cases
- Assume responsibility for advisory cases, including financial analysis, the preparation of reports/briefing notes/presentations (or sections thereof) and engagement with clients as appropriate
- Assist in the preparation of memorandums of sale and with AMA processes more generally
- Ensure that all reports and material produced are of an acceptable standard and comply with regulations, SIPs and internal procedures & requirements as appropriate
- Perform investigations into directors conduct and company's affairs
- Ensure that all correspondence is dealt with effectively
- Keep abreast of all technical developments and be able to apply technical facts to a commercial situation
- Perform any other relevant duties and responsibilities as delegated, including those of more junior members of staff
- Line Management:
- Perform delegation of tasks to, and supervision of, more junior staff
- Coach more junior staff in technical / commercial issues and assist with their development
- Deputise for the senior manager or director of the team as required, including the provision of support in appraising, developing and motivating staff as appropriate.
Sales and Marketing:
- Provide support/ be involved in the marketing of the firm's services to potential clients and work providers
- Recognise new marketing opportunities, including the development of new and existing clients and escalate these appropriately.
Communication and representation:
- Develop contact and maintain contact with clients as appropriate to ensure the firm has the confidence of the client.
- Act as a liaison between the client and other specialist service groups within BDO
- Relevant professional qualification preferable (ACA/ACCA / CPI and ideally JIEB)
- Relevant technical and management experience at a similar level / in a similar role
- Ability to develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge
- Demonstrate clear understanding of regulatory and statutory requirements, together with specific client expectations
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant computer packages specific to the business stream preferred.
- Experience within a Professional Services Environment:
- Contingency Planning for creditor and debtor stakeholders
- Restructuring Options Analysis
- Cash flow forecasting, management and improvement strategies
- AMA/Pre-pack Administration processes
- Independent Business Reviews
- Appraising management’s business plans, including financial and strategic analysis
- Core Insolvency Experience