This is a dynamic international FTSE 250 Technology business located in the center of London.
The primary purpose of this position is, as part of the Group FP&A Team, to develop more effective business reporting. The incumbent will be expected to develop high-quality, insightful reporting which the Business Units can use to better manage their costs and to better understand their revenue and margins. The vision is to create a standard "suite" of performance reports that can be rolled out across all business units. This will require the incumbent to collaborate closely with the Business Units to understand their requirements, as well as with the SAP and Business Intelligence Teams.
The secondary purpose of this position is to support monthly Group performance reporting to the Executive Team and the Board taking responsibility for key areas of the monthly performance report and working closely with other members of the FP&A Team to produce insightful and rigorous analysis of business performance.
Business reporting improvements (c. 70%)
- Understand the reporting requirements of the Business Units and Group stakeholders and take full ownership of the delivery of these requirements ensuring that any enhanced reporting is meeting the business need and is reflected in a reporting roadmap that has broad finance function buy-in to.
- Work alongside the Business Units and the Business Intelligence Team to deliver enhanced business reporting across all areas of the P&L:
o Initial focus will be on costs and particularly salary related costs, T&E and other areas of discretionary spend
o Revenue and margin reporting will follow
- Reporting will be targeted at two levels
o A suite of reports for the BU Finance teams to assist them in monitoring and understanding costs and revenue across their business units
o A suite of reports targeted at cost centre managers to both help them manage their own costs but also to help drive effective cost accountability
- Take specific ownership of key areas of finance 'master data’ to ensure that it is kept up to date, changes are properly reviewed and that it supports performance reporting
Monthly Group reporting (c. 30%)
- Own key elements of the monthly management reporting pack
- Support the Head of FP&A in month end meetings with Business Unit Finance VP’s and the
- Work closely with the BUs to understand the drivers of their performance and material variance from forecast/budget/prior year identifying and investigating unusual items resolving as appropriate
- Work closely with the Financial Reporting Team to review and validate the monthly forecast Balance Sheet and Cashflow
- Coordinate and challenge business unit forecasts and Risk & Opps submissions to Group FP&A. Management of timetable and process.
- Produce monthly Group forecast reporting for inclusion in monthly management reporting pack
- Provide guidance to the FP&A Analyst around the preparation of the supporting analysis schedules
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Be a qualified accountant with minimum of three years’ post qualification experience
- Have a passion for making financial reporting relevant for business decision making and have demonstrable experience of commercial business reporting working with a variety of accounting systems and of driving improvements in reporting
- Be keen to take ownership of challenges and deliver solutions that exceed customer expectations
- Have experience of understanding/documenting a business requirement and then translating that into a systems requirement
- Be comfortable working with financial systems, manipulating and transforming data
- Have experience of working with IT finance system specialists and acting as a "bridge" between them and the finance / business users.
- Clear understanding of both accounting and commercial drivers underlying financial statements
- Ability to see the linkages and dependencies across different area
- Be able to operate at the detailed level whilst always keeping a strong focus on what the business deliverable is
- Good communication skills to present findings in written, PowerPoint, spreadsheet and verbal format to senior management
- Strong team player able to work effectively across multiple teams
- Ability to swiftly obtain a clear understanding of business issues
- Self-starter able to set an agenda that adds real business value
- Be able manage ambiguity
- Strong Excel skills and experience of financial modelling
- Financial Systems
- Microsoft Excel
- Process Improvement
- Stakeholder Engagement
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"