Business/Reporting Analyst: Role Overview
We are looking for a Reporting Analyst to join us on a permanent basis. We would like to talk to individuals who are confident and clear communicators. As a Reporting Analyst with Capita you will be given the opportunity to work on-site with a variety of internationally renowned organisations and given the scope to develop your career both in your role and through training. This is a rare opportunity to join a group of individuals that enjoy the lifestyle of a contractor position and fulfilling that position from beginning to end, whilst reaping the benefits of a secure permanent role.
In your role, you will initially be joining a leading Energy provider at their location in Barnwood Gloucestershire. For this position, you will be required to undergo BPSS security clearance and a drugs and alcohol test.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please don't hesitate to give me a call on .
Business/Reporting Analyst: Outline
As the Business/Reporting Analyst you will work within the Programme Office Systems and Reporting Group and liaise with the IT Application Development team to ensure effective delivery and maintenance of the reporting infrastructure, systems integrity and day to day operations.
- Support IT in the migration of existing Investment & Core Work systems (PORT, MIRS, WPM, Milestones, & CAT 1) onto a sustainable & IT supported SQL Server platform.
- Collate and document any changes required, liaise with the IT Application Development team to agree to timely delivery in line with business requirements.
- Develop automated technical solutions to manual processes, as directed in order to save time and reduce the risk of human error.
- Execute reporting processes and provide cover for other roles within the Systems & Reporting team as required
Accountabilities: Business/Reporting Analyst
- Liaise with IT regarding the day to day operation and integrity of all Investment & Core Work systems.
- Support development of innovative new systems & capabilities, led by the IT Department and as agreed with the Group Head / Systems Development & Reporting Lead.
- Design, build and administer SharePoint site for publication of reports via company intranet / dedicated SharePoint server.
- Use advanced VBA skills to create or develop solutions to specification, and troubleshoot technical issues relating to reporting and databases used across the team, as they arise.
- Produce and maintain detailed documentation of new or amended reporting infrastructure or processes using a robust change control procedure.
- Work closely with the other members of the team, and other stakeholders across the business to provide accurate, useful and timely information to inform accountability and business decision making.
- Conduct robust quality checks and data verification
- Carry out thorough developmental testing on new or amended reports and/or processes
Skills and Experience: Business/Reporting Analyst
- Excellent numeric and analytical skills
- Well versed in the preparation of reports and information, to an exacting standard, using packages such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to use own initiative to analyse and resolve problems
- Demonstrates good communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience of website design and content management including optimising user experience by minimising the number of clicks required to access information.
- Advanced Excel VBA skills, working knowledge of SQL, HTML & website design
- Experience of creating and administering sites in SharePoint
- Expert in use of MS Excel, Access and SharePoint, SQL Server & VBA coding.
- Knowledge of SAP, IMS, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing & Workflow solution development/operation highly desirable.
Please apply via the website and for further information please give me a call on or email me at
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- VBA SQL Excel Access SharePoint BI Data-warehousing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job