is a global technology company that works in partnership with a broad range of industrial and commercial customers to design and supply advanced technologies that optimize their operational performance and profitability. From oil refineries and power stations to mining companies and appliance manufacturers, our market-leading software, systems and controls enable our customers to monitor, control and automate their products and processes, thereby maximizing safety, efficiency, reliability and ease of use.
Our lines of business are grouped into four business segments: Software, Industrial Automation, Energy Controls. You may recognize our global Schneider market brands, such as Wonderware, Triconex, Foxboro, SimSci, and Eurotherm, among others.
Schneider Electric works with:
• 23 of the top 25 petroleum companies
• 48 of the top 50 chemical companies
• 18 of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies
• 35 of the top 50 nuclear power plants
• All of the top 10 mining companies
• 7 of the top 10 appliance manufacturers
Schneider Electric enables:
• 20% of the world’s electricity generation
• 18% of the world’s crude oil refining
• 37% of the world’s nuclear energy generation
• 62% of the world’s liquefied natural gas production
• 23% of the world’s chemical production
The Business Process Owner is responsible to oversee the organization & optimization of processes within the region. The role is key to support the finance director of the region, & align entities operating model.
The role aims to have a critical view on the current organization and seek for continuous improvement and optimization following lean principle. The business process owner will also ensure the consistency of the practices between our entities to ensure we operate seamlessly in all our units.
Real gate keeper of our operations & compliance, the BPO will also oversee & coordinate the internal control campaign & process within the region, coordinating with quality, Accounting & other departments to ensure good internal control standard within the region.
A good understanding / knowledge & appetance for ERP (SAP) is valuable
Scope & Environment:
Within the EURA region, the Business Process Owner reports to the Finance & Control Leader.
Acting as a business partner, the BPO aims to lead the process, the internal control, and the continuous improvement activity within the zone. It will deal with back office process & expand the scope to other functions. He may be engaged on a global role to advise other region and support in deployment of standard processes & practice.
QualificationsKey responsibilities / activities
- Standardize processes accross the region
- Execute strategic plan set by Global & regional Software organization.
- Drive Lean & six sygma initiatives within Back office organization & other functions (as Sales, HR, delivery, Supply chain) in their interactions with Back office department.
- Supervize Key internal control within the region and be the correspondent and sponsor for the zone
- Identify GAP & find opportunities for improvement on existing processes: Continuous improvement.
- Able to engage partners & proactively work with functions stakeholder ensuring minimum disruptions in their operation & drive change management on proposed evolution of the organization
- Capacity to engage with direct functions to create coordination & understand overall process & tools situation to flag gaps & missing processes
- Manage & maintain knowledge & process repository.
- Education: Bachelor degree or Master
- o Fluent in English
- o Another foreign language would be valuable
- Experience in process improvement technics such as Six Sygma: Green belt
- Analytical capability: Gather, compare, & assess data to synthesize for management to take strategic decision.
- Able to train & lead change management = Capacity to lead the change and drive it across the function
- Ability to create process documentation preferably with experience in creating SOP (Standard Operating Procedure)
- Experience & expected skills
- o Strong persuasive ability
- o Good communicator, capacity to provide synthetic information to management & having good relationship skills
- o Capacity to challenge the stakeholders when required.
- o Capacity to adapt to other cultures & profiles
- A experience in accounting or Finance is a real plus
- Basic understanding of ERP
- Location: Open location (Cambridge, Alcobendas (Madrid suburb), Rueil Malmaison.
- Travels: The position requires frequent travels (30 to 50%)