Business Process Analyst
Salary: £32,100 - £43,300
What it’s about
Investigating business situations, identifying and evaluating options for improving business systems. Capturing requirements and ensuring the effective use of information systems in meeting the needs of the business.
Creating process flows showing 'AS IS’ and suggested 'TO BE’ processes for business functions and how systems and processes will be updated to meet business needs.
Document any identified required changes, and communicate them to the relevant third parties/colleagues.
Assess the implications of business change, analysing and mapping business processes and identifying the activities needed to transition to new ways of working.
Influence senior stakeholders to adopt and embed business change within their departments.
Work with key stakeholders within the different project groups to understand the project goals and to drive and challenge their assumptions to ensure that the solution will meet the needs of the business.
Evaluate and present information gathered from all sources, reconcile conflicts, translate high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
Be one of a team of "Subject Matter Experts" for the projects/ programmes worked on, to provide expert knowledge.
Understand the dependencies with other projects and ensures that these are highlighted and raised with the Project Manager/Programme Manager as appropriate.
Help to ensure that the project delivers what the business needs, ensuring that requirements and the impact of project changes are assessed and clearly communicated.
Develop and document business requirements and acceptance criteria for moderately to highly complex business processes and projects, using logical, analytical techniques to assist the business in defining coherent and consistent requirements.
Contribute to User Acceptance Testing and the development of Test Cases from Business Requirements/User Stories and ensure that user acceptance testing is aligned with business needs.
Work with senior stakeholders and business users in understanding the changes to processes and systems to ensure that the testing prepares them for transition into BAU.
What we’re looking for
You’ll be educated to degree level, or equivalent and a business analysis qualification is desirable. You will have excellent time management skills and won’t be afraid to change the status quo - constructively and appropriately challenge what, why and how things are!
- Process Modelling: general approaches, tools and applications in process and data modelling and issue analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written; able to constructively represent and promote a given position, view or recommendation; encourage the adoption of a given recommendation or proposal with respect to customers and project team members.
- Analytical and consultative skills, able to develop and run workshops, face-to-face and remote consultation processes, delivering effectively to tight deadlines.
- Able to carry out critical appraisal and evaluation and to provide constructive feedback regarding project deliverables.
- Able to research - investigate, assess, and assimilate relevant professional and business material to further improve the overall solution approach.
- Able to operate effectively in a highly pressurised environment.
- Substantial participation in IT and change projects - lead and influential roles.
- Experience in integrated people, process and technology change.
- Able to think outside the box and suggest creative solutions to problems. Unflappable, with a flexible approach to all situations.
- Able to quickly develop knowledge of the business and business systems - both at a strategic and business process level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building.
- Experience of integration work and working with external technology providers.
- Experience of Cambridge Assessment English and current business processes.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a superb range of benefits:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
Please apply by uploading a covering letter and CV.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
There are a number of roles available and this campaign is therefore being recruited on a continuous basis until the roles are filled. Please apply ASAP to avoid missing out as it could close at any time.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Closing Date: 30th June
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job