Business Planning Lead
London, EC3M 3BD
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
As a Business Planning Lead you will be involved in all elements of the business planning and reforecasting process, ranging from the formulation of the underwriting year plan through to the finalisation of the final financial year plan.
You will work closely with the Business Planning Manager and the wider Business Planning Steering Group, chaired by the CUO, to ensure that a robust and realistic plan is put forward to senior management and QBE Group for sign-off.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing expert advice and guidance on all areas of the business planning and reforecasting process to underwriting operations across the whole of QBE EO.
- Act as deputy to the Business Planning Manager and be capable of covering when a need arises
- Providing insightful analysis that enables senior management to make sound and informed decisions about the future direction of the business.
- Ensuring that regulatory responsibilities and deadlines are met including Lloyd’s, PRA and Solvency II returns.
- Helping to coach and mentor more junior colleagues leading to potential management responsibilities.
- Identifying areas for process improvement and implementing change to ensure that we continue to serve our customers in the best way possible
- Building strong relationships with multiple areas of the business, including Finance, Actuarial and underwriting operations plus other parts of the QBE group including head office and Equator Re
You will need to be able to display you have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Sound knowledge of insurance and reinsurance business practices focused on the London Market or Lloyd’s
- A strong grasp of accounting principles
- Excellent Excel
- Knowledge of Oracle Hyperion Forecasting and Budgeting tool would be advantageous
- Strategic thinker with strong collaborative and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Strong reasoning capabilities - logical thinking, combined with good problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, to build relationships across all levels of the organization
- University educated with a degree in a numerical subject preferable, plus professional qualifications in CIMA, ACCA, ACII or equivalent
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.
Please click the 'Apply’ button to be taken to the job on our system.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job