A global media company is looking to bring on a commercially minded qualified accountant to be a crucial part of the current finance team.
A top tier global media company based in Covent Garden looking to grow their finance function to accommodate the increase in demand for their services.
- Take responsibility for overseeing the preparation of the management accounts
- Work with the subsidiary accountants to ensure accurate and timely accounting information is received, ensuring a full understanding of the P&L and variances
- Understand and comment on variances to budget, forecast and prior year
- Support senior department managers in reviewing financial performance
- Leading the financial budget and forecasting process
- Managing the Assistant Management Accountant in developing that role to supply timely information to the business.
- Title profitability analysis and financial analysis to support the senior management team in decision making.
- Assist the Financial Controller with the year-end supporting working papers and additional analysis for the audit file and tax computations
- Continually improve working practices and reports for the Business to support their changing needs
- Key team member in finance IT system upgrade
- Ad hoc requests and analysis from Financial Controller, Chief Financial Officer and Business Directors
- CIMA/ACA qualified accountant, ideally with Publishing experience
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Strong finance systems knowledge, including system implementation - specifically, knowledge of Sage K3 and Qlikview report-writing skills are essential.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel especially using Vlookup, pivot tables etc.
- Experience of Business Objects preferable but not essential
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn how the business works and then use that knowledge to sense-check numbers produced in the accounts
Fantastic career opportunities with a commercial element to the role.