At Direct Line Group, we're shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It's not just what we do; it's how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking - after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands - including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag - change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It's hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they're helping us transform the industry we lead.
Business Optimisation Manager
Why not join our Chief Operating Office (COO) department at Direct Line Group as we are currently recruiting an exciting opportunity to work as a Business Optimisation Manager; based from our head office in Bromley.
As part of this role your main responsibility will be To support the Chief Operating Officer in the strategy, delivery, and co-ordination of business objectives and their key accountabilities; representing the COO at designated Committees and strategic initiatives, providing strategic and detailed analytical insight and being the wider business strategic contact for new business initiatives and data.
This role will allow you to support functional wide activities and projects, provide challenge and co-ordination and ensure that all actions are undertaken and managed. You will be providing insight and judgement where needed and ensuring that the Chief Operating Officer is aware of issues as they arise.
What being a Business Optimisation Manager involves
- Assist the Chief Operating Officer in developing functional business strategy and vision, communicating as required
- Managing, co-ordinating and driving wider business initiatives (from outside of COO) liaising with the relevant business areas as required
- Supporting the Chief Operating Officer at the following:
- Reserve Review Committee
- BRM (Business Review Meetings)
- Operational updates/performance meetings, pulse calls
- Risk Management Committee
- Claims Indemnity Control meetings
- Claims, Technology, Corporate Services & Procurement Executive Committees
- Through the effective management of the COO ensure that the Chief Operating Officer is aware of relevant issues and/or that issues or actions are passed to relevant COO staff
- Challenge thinking and drive action. Monitor actions to ensure that they carried out and deadlines are met. Create appropriate interventions to ensure adherence and forward planning
- Creation and where required co-ordination of all reporting, including Board papers, Risk & Audit Committee papers, reports to ExCo, and any other governance reports
- Review and approve presentations/reports prepared on behalf of the Chief Operating Officer
- Ensuring the team provide full Secretariat duties for any team meetings or committees that the Chief Operating Officer is responsible for
- Manage and coordinate the COO response to Talent management, succession planning and other key HR deliverables, including Pay Review in partnership with Head of HR BP COO
- Delivery of ad hoc projects and business support activities as mandated by the Chief Operating Officer
- Stakeholder Manage at different levels - Manage relationships with the Board, DLG Executive, COO Executive, senior management and other key internal stakeholders.
- Maximise COO's effectiveness through managing the day to day running of the COO office, including budget responsibility of the COO cost centre, creating and managing against forecast
- Work across the COO Leadership team, and with Business Partners (Risk / Finance / Communications/HR) to ensure delivery of key activities and provide direction where required.
Skills we are looking for
- Ability to influence directly and diplomatically at all levels in the organisation.
- High levels of integrity and discretion
- Proven judgement on commercial and people issues
- Strong communication skills
- Past experience of writing papers at board level would be ideal
- Ability to make quick decisions and judgements
- Strong project management skills
- High level of commercial acumen
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job