We are a busy Multi channel, specialist haircare and beauty manufacturer and distributor operating in North West London. We are looking for a highly motivated Business manager to over see the daily operations of the business.
This unique role will work across all divisions of the business and play a pivotal role between executive management and employees, promoting efficiency and profitability throughout the organization.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of business operations as well as setting strategic goals for the future. You will have strong systems/technical aptitude and be well versed in customer-focused business management. You will have a background or relevant experience of work, involving growing revenue/ profitability of the business, while maintaining spend.
Possessing excellent leadership and communication skills and strong ability to motivate and develop people across the company. You will lead by example with a consistently high level of excellent customer service and demonstrate high attention to detail. You will be working closely with the Sales and Finance functions to manage the day to day operations of the business. You should have experience in B2B and retail operations, stock control, Project management, Sales and account management, Mail order and Ecommerce platform management, Systems and Process implementation and management, reporting and reconciliation, and management of teams and direct reports.
Your main responsibilities
• Reporting directly to the MD.
• Identify and prioritise business needs to strategically schedule self and other staff
• Create and maintain a performance based cultures that achieves the goals of the business
• Create a professional culture, conducive to growth, open communication and innovation
• Assume responsibility for productivity and profitability and achieve desired business plan results for critical drivers, revenues and costs
• Develop and agree the operational budget and deliver against the budget, managing the day to day operations within the budgeted guidelines
• Implement robust Stock management processes with focus on Good inventory turn
• On boarding/orientation of new employees
• Promote and advertise company benefits to improve morale and productivity
• Act as an ambassador for the brand and company by maintaining the highest level of honesty, integrity, ethical and moral conduct
• prepare and submit regular reports as requested and actively attend meetings
• Work alongside Finance, to manage the ERP systems, ensuring good integrity and reliability of the data and associated reporting systems
• Work alongside sales with a pro-active approach to account management and excellent follow through on tasks.
• Develop strong management capability through effective performance management, mentoring and development of the team
• Recognise and recommend training needs where necessary and recommend high performing individuals for succession planning; supporting where required
• Conduct regular (daily/weekly) team meetings amongst all the staff.
• Attract, recruit, train and appraise talented personnel
What we’re looking for in you: -
• Strong ability to lead projects, with experience managing a small to mid sized team
• Strong technical and systems aptitude
• P & L Management
• Good planning and organisational skills
• Commercial skills and analysis
• Sound experience in people management and HR practices.
• Recruitment, people management, training and development of personnel.
• Excellent listening, analytical, presentation, and problem solving skills. • Sound understanding of critical drivers and associated priorities.
• Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills.
• Flexible - ability to work in an ever changing and demanding environment.
• Ability to manage ambiguity.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with colleagues and negotiate consensus effectively.
• Ability to drive change and execute.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate with Senior Managers, Directors and other influential stakeholders.
• Resourceful - ability to solve complex problems.
• Ability to handle risk, uncertainty, and changing direction.
In return, there is a competitive salary and benefits
If you think this is the opportunity for you, we're looking forwards to hearing from your: please forward your Covering letter and CV
- Business Manager
- Business Operations