Umbrella rate: £26.00 an hour
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Business Objects Report Writer Business Objects Report Writer on a 2 month contract with a possibility of an extension. They would like someone who has the experience and knowledge in the following:
Purpose of the role -
This role will support the System Owner with the maintenance of business intelligence reporting and analysing of the data.
The role will also support the department by producing a number of statutory and regulatory reports.
Duties and Responsibilities -
- Liaise with service leads to understand reporting requirements and the underlying data structures.
- Work with the System Owner to deliver a suite of standard business reports and to create ad hoc reports for audit purposes.
- Ensure appropriate security levels are set up to protect sensitive data.
- Manage the development and maintenance of data export routines required to run business reports.
- Provide first line support for any issues with reports and assistance with the development of the business reports.
- Responsible for the development of validation processes on the accuracy and quality of the data held within the business applications.
- Prepare and update detailed documentation for each set of reports.
- Keep up-to-date with reporting tool developments and apply them to improve reporting arrangements for the service.
- Support various projects through the provision and analysis of management information.
- Undertake project work using project management techniques when upgrading the reporting environment establishing clear plans with measurable outcomes and milestones.
- Undertake other duties commensurate to the grade of the post.
- The service operates from 8am to 5.30pm so you will be required to work as directed within these hours according to the needs of the service.
- To use and assist others in the use of information technology systems to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner.
- To achieve agreed service outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by the line manager.
- To undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder.
- To ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the Data Protection Act and other legislation.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience -
- Extensive experience of designing and producing reports using Business objects/Crystal and MS SQL from different business applications.
- Experience of monitoring performance improvement across services and preparing reports
- High level of IT literacy with advance skills in excel (writing macros, formulae and pivot tables)
- ITIL Practitioner qualification or related business and/or technology qualification
- Ability to analyse and define the data structure in source systems
- Experience of analysing data and interpreting results
- Ability to analyse complex issues and data, including research, management information, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of the information requirements of housing and social care services
- Ability to produce written reports on data issues for circulation to Section Heads
- Ability to get things done without direct authority over a team
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues and to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Proven ability to prioritise and categorise work to meet service level agreement targets and other priorities.
- Demonstrable awareness of ITIL best practice
- Is familiar with the security standards and all relevant legislation that affects security
- Experience of writing reports for Housing Services using data from Northgate Housing (I-world)
- Candidates must have experience of writing reports for Housing Services using data from Northgate Housing
- Social Services
- MS SQL
- Business Objects Report Writer
- ITIL Practitioner
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job