Do you have experience developing and selling the benefits of membership? Are you a proactive account manager who thrives on developing new relationships? If so, a fantastic opportunity has arisen to work in our Member Services Team.
Supported with a proven and developing membership offer the Business Manager is responsible for developing existing relationships with companies across the Oxfordshire, West Berkshire and Swindon business community. You will be a self-starter, with responsibility for membership retention as part of one of the largest and most successful Chamber Groups in the UK.
The Business Manager is responsible for providing a first class, quality support to a defined segment of the Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce Group membership and named local area Chamber Councils. Through exceptional customer relationship management, the Business Manager will be expected to maintain retention of membership in line with specific targets.
Working closely with the team of Business Managers, the role includes the development and delivery of a strong, relevant and regular events program. The role also requires exceptional account management, organisational and interpersonal skills to ensure that members are engaged in a consistent and timely manner.
The role requires the management of a designated group of Chamber Councils who act as ambassadors for the Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce group in their respective local areas. This element of the role requires organising regular Chamber Council meetings, taking minutes, working closely with the head of external affairs and each president to ensure the group remains focused on their local policy objectives.
- To maintain retention levels within agreed targets
- Monitor and manage a portfolio of business accounts
- Plan, organise and host a group of business networking events
- Work with a designated group of local Chamber Councils
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- A good knowledge of marketing theory and its application to the development of successful membership recruitment and retention campaigns
- Considerable knowledge of strategic planning, sales, marketing, member relationship management, and negotiation skills techniques
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other departments, senior influencers, current and prospective members, affiliates, volunteers and committees
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Outstanding organisation skills
- Well presented
- Problem Solving/Creativity
- Graduate with a business or marketing degree
- At least five years' experience in a relevant membership, marketing or sales role
- Mid-level supervision or management
- A professional manner and attitude
- Energetic and imaginative
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Able to easily adapt to change
- Able to travel
- Owns their own vehicle
- Hold a valid driving licence
- Able to attend events which are sometimes outside of 9-5 office hours’ (Monday - Friday)
- Flexible with regards to tasks and responsibility
- Team player
- Account Management
- Relationship Management