UK / Home Based - some travel to Head office in Leicester required.
Salary: to £30K (may be negotiable depending on experience) + £6K Bonuses + Company Car, Mobile & Laptop
Benefits include 31 Days Holidays, Pension Scheme, Life Assurance & Employee Discount Scheme
Excellent career development prospects within a global organisation
Our Client is a FTSE 100 employer with a truly global presence, employing over 42,000 people across 100 countries. For more than 130 years they have helped customers to ensure the quality and safety of their products, processes and systems through testing, inspecting and certifying products and serving as a Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide.
Their hardlines business helps retailers, brands and manufacturers to ensure that their products meet safety, regulatory, quality and performance standards and their technical experts work pro- actively to help industry stakeholders overcome challenges, protect consumers and reinforce the global marketplace. Our Client has strong relationships with local governments and Non- Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and actively participate in statutory committees and standards development bodies, enabling them to stay ahead of the market and keep customers at the forefront of changes to testing methodologies and safety requirements.
Our Client now has a rare opportunity for a Business Manager to join their dynamic team working out of their office in Leicester. The main focus of this role will be on sales activities to maximise sales revenue within the hardline product / service business. You will proactively promote the capabilities of the group locally and globally including testing, inspection, auditing and associated services. You will be responsible for the development of new business and the expansion of existing business.
Required skills, experience and abilities are:-
- Good numeracy, literacy and computer literacy skills
- A confident communicator (written & oral) who is able to build rapport quickly and effectively
- Experience of products and Assurance Testing, Inspection and Certification (ATIC) services
- Experience working in the hardlines market area would be advantageous but other types of experience will be considered
- Some sales experience would be a distinct advantage, i.e. experience developing new business and / or expansion of current business
- Results driven, focused, motivated and a self starter with excellent time management skills
- Able to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
- Able to demonstrate respect, equity and empathy for a diverse community and values integrity and honesty
- Analytical mind, with the ability to critique and improve activities through continuous improvement
- Current driving licence.
Hours of work for this role are 37.5 per week and whilst you will be field based, regular visits to the office in Leicester are required in order to build rapport with colleagues and team mates. There may also be a requirement for some international travel.
If you would like to work for a company that rewards performance and is truly customer-centric, please email your CV using the link provided. Candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted for confidential discussion and local interview.