About the role:
Balfour Beatty Living Places provides outsourced services to local authorities, helping to create great places where people want to live, work and play.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Manager to join our Living Places business unit to work in Herefordshire. While experience within the infrastructure industry would be beneficial, we welcome applications from candidates with exposure to working with or within the public sector, who have or are looking to operate at general management level.
The successful applicant will be someone with a strong analytical, commercial and financial background, who is confident communicating with senior stakeholders. You will be able to think strategically and oversee multi-million pound programmes of work, whilst managing a team of commercial and financial professionals.
What you’ll be doing:
As Business Manager, you will:
- Assist the Contract Director in the implementation of an organisational structure capable of delivering the services to both internal and external customers in the most compliant and cost-effective manner;
- Engage with senior clients and management team peers across a range of functions to focus on developing creative solutions to support the delivery of client and company outcomes;
- Support the Contract Director in the development of a clear Finance and Commercial Team strategy for the contract in agreement with the annual business plan and required standards;
- Ensure the Finance and Commercial Team are informed and motivated to ensure the service objectives are met in the most efficient and effective manner;
- Assist the Contract Director to collate all commercial and financial data sufficient to allow the review of contracts performance to meet agreed contract and business targets;
- Prepare and deliver board presentations and financial presentations to support scrutiny of performance and improve service delivery;
- Take ownership for and deliver projects requested by senior clients, or agreed with peer group;
- Have the overall responsibility for the ongoing development of the finance and commercial function whilst working with the senior management team in formulating the strategic planning of the business.
What we’re looking for:
- Be a Qualified Finance or Commercial Professional ACA, ACCA, CIMA, RICS or other equivalent
- Hold a Degree (1st or 2nd Class Honours)
- Have experience of using large company accounting systems (preferably Oracle)
- Have in depth technical accounting knowledge of IFRS
- Have experience of the NEC contract form
- Be an advanced MS Excel user, ideally experienced in modelling
The way we live our lives is changing fast: where and how we live, work, travel, shop, relax and socialise. The evolving nature of our society means we all need to shape our environment to meet a complex array of individual and collective needs.
Wherever investment in these environments is needed, Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.
We are right at the heart of a dynamic 'place shaping’ agenda that brings Local Authorities, local communities, Central Government, and the Private Sector together to create safe, sustainable, flexible and dynamic public spaces geared to community social need, economic growth and personal well-being as well as being environmentally sustainable.
The provision of maintenance services for highways is only a small part of what is really needed. Our focus has moved beyond the 'road’ to deliver the potential of the 'street’: a dynamic public place that connects and combines local community and business needs, encourages social interaction and helps pedestrians, motorists, bus riders, and cyclists to coexist safely. Building great public spaces with resource efficient assets enables functional, flexible and inspirational places to be at the heart of the community.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
- Public Sector
- NEC Contracts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job