Who we are:
TOG is home to one of the most creative, exciting and forward-thinking working communities in the UK and pioneered the concept of the shared workspace in Britain. Launched in 2003, when the global economy was beginning to be radically reshaped by new technology and new ideas. Our aim was to reconfigure the modern British workplace to bring it into line with a fast-changing world. Today, TOG has 15,000 members working across 30 buildings, 28 of which are in London, with more on the way. We house one of the fastest growing and most diverse workforces in Britain: app creators and advertising agencies; makers and media companies, financiers and foodies; artists and architects.
The Business Manager is responsible for all aspects of running a thriving, efficient and profitable building whilst focusing on the company’s key objective of providing exceptional customer service while maximising the profitability of the business, by the effective selling of all products.
You will be accountable for monthly revenue targets and budgets, as well as being well versed in managing an effective P&L. You will be responsible for the building team, ensuring that ongoing support and training is delivered with and via the Assistant Business Manager, where appropriate.
What you'll do:
- Manage and develop the Assistant Building Manager and the Front of House team, set and agree weekly/monthly objectives
- Manage the finance for the building to include Profit & Loss reviews, invoicing and debt management and to ensure the Assistant Business Manager is following the correct procedures
- Ensure that the purchase orders process is running seamlessly, and address issues where appropriate
- Conduct any renewal meetings with existing clients 3 months before their contracted end date in line with the budget set for the building
- Deal with member requests in a prompt and timely manner whether face to face, by email or on the telephone
- Manage the sales process from start to finish, to include carrying out viewings, sending proposals & following up, keeping CRM up to date and raising contracts to ensure potential revenue is maximised across the business
- Attend monthly sales meeting with other Business Managers, General Managers and Senior Sales Team to relay any sales updates within the building
- Assist the Events Team and CommuniTeam with organising member networking, external and internal events and facilitate member introductions where appropriate - this could be outside of normal working hours
- Managerial experience
- Member facing and customer service experience
- Experience working with PO and CRM systems
- Ability to multi-task and deliver to high expectations
- IT proficient
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage ever changing priorities
- Creative problem solver
- 22 days annual leave + bank holidays + a day off on your birthday
- Various discounts e.g. cinema tickets, high street shopping, gym membership etc.
- Childcare vouchers
- Business Manager
- Customer Service
- Management Experience
- Purchase Orders
- P&L Responsibility