Pavilion has managed a successful English Language Teaching (ELT) for several years, publishing two magazines - English Teaching professional and Modern English Teacher - as well as a small book portfolio.
As Business Manager, you will run this product portfolio, with ownership of the complete product lifecycle. You will develop the business case for products, work with customers to understand their requirements and translate them into successful products.
You will be responsible for the financial management of your products and tracking costs against revenues to ensure you hit budget. As well as managing the external ELT team, you will work with the Pavilion teams, including sales and marketing, digital, content and production/design.
Travel may be required to attend meetings and events.
Job Function Tasks
For this role the main responsibilities are:
• Creation of a strategic plan for the ELT business to include magazine and book publishing, online and events, including validation of the business case and market analysis
• Budgetary responsibility for the whole portfolio
• Managing an external team of editors and media sales
• Working with customers to understand their needs
• Managing sales and marketing of the products
• Developing digital products
• Previous experience of managing a portfolio of products
• Commercial understanding of product development
• Previous experience of translating user requirements into products
• Experience of running and developing a digital presence
• Proven book commissioning experience
• Working knowledge of ELT sector
• Experience of bringing new products to market
• Experience of championing products
• Experience of motivating cross-functional teams (internal and external) to deliver to deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Experience of dealing with third party suppliers
Pavilion is an equal opportunities employer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job