We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and experienced Business Manager to provide support to the Head of D2C (Direct to Customer) and wider D2C team in the management and growth of the business and to underpin its strategic commercial objectives. You will act as an extension and business partner to the Head of D2C with extensive responsibility, specifically in the areas of budgeting and strategic planning, market intelligence and benchmarking of competitors, development of financial metrics and KPIs, management of contracts with suppliers and business administration broadly speaking.
You will be responsible for:
• Supporting the Head of D2C and wider D2C Team in delivering the business strategy and the vision, objectives and values of the channel. Support the Head of D2C in various initiatives and projects in support of the D2C effort.
• Supporting the Head of D2C by coordinating, drafting and reviewing ad-hoc reports. Create presentations for other stakeholders as required.
• Writing board papers and high-quality management updates. Responsible for creation, maintenance and distribution of Management Information for use in committees and boards
• Assisting the Head of D2C with the setting of D2C objectives and monitor progress through the year
• Attending meetings with or on behalf of the Head of D2C and to represent the interests of the D2C channel. Represent D2C on project boards and teams for cross-functional change initiatives.
• Acting in close partnership with Finance on the development of monthly actuals vs. budget MI and as such be directly involved in the preparation of the annual budget. Understand and analyse management accounts and costs within the business.
• Monitoring of KPIs and facilitate appropriate response.
• Contributing to the creation of D2C commercial strategy. Perform pricing analysis.
• Performing market intelligence and benchmarking of competitors’ capabilities.
• Identify and facilitate improvements in D2C team procedures and processes on an ongoing basis.
• Devising and monitor key controls and reporting. Devise and embed initiatives and controls that ensure the client remains at the heart of all working practices.
• Overseeing the development and maintenance of D2C business continuity plans
• Procure internal / external services required by the D2C channel (e.g. procuring the services of professional advisers/ service providers)
• Acting as a point of contact for M&G senior management and other Prudential business to request ad-hoc information or support.
• Building and maintain an effective cross departmental internal network to facilitate a deep understanding of the business.
What we are looking for:
It is essential for you to have experience providing support at Executive level, manage multiple tasks and deal efficiently with a high volume of work under significant time pressure and understand complex business problems, lead, plan and manage change and complex projects. You should be self-starter who is results focused and able to identify opportunities and take initiative and respond rapidly and dynamically to urgent business priorities that arise on an ad-hoc basis. Experience of building relationships and communicating with senior management / executives as well as the ability to interpret financials, management information, produce analysis, and present this in a clear manner is also essential. You will have a proven commercial track record with knowledge of the online Wealth Management industry or Financial Markets industry and technology, ideally in a D2C context. You must also have strong problem-solving skills and willingness to become directly involved to ensure the job gets done along with strong presentation skills, attention to detail and gravitas.
We are looking for someone who has excellent core skills in attention to detail, good communication skills and a flexible and adaptable approach. It is essential that you build good relationships internally and externally with the ability to work within a team environment. Effective analytical skills, to be client and delivery focused and have good planning and organisational skills are also essential. You will have the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with all relevant business stakeholders within the M&G D2C and with external parties as necessary as well as be effective at problem solving, results orientated and have personal accountability. Determined, tenacious and self-driven with a passion for innovation and a strong can do/positive attitude is also important.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job