Business Liaison Officer
Location: Northampton, NN1 1JA
Salary:£25,951 per annum (Pro Rata)
Hours: 30 hours per week, (Flexible Working) occasional evening and weekend work may be necessary, no overtime is payable however a time off in lieu scheme operates.
Fixed term contract till 30th September 2019
About the company:
Voluntary Impact Northampton (VIN) provides support for the voluntary and community sector (VCS) in Northamptonshire. Our role is to help the voluntary sector to support local communities. VIN provides a range of support services for frontline voluntary and community groups to enable them to address management and development issues and to function more effectively within the changing operating environment. We also support volunteering countywide through brokerage for volunteering positions, strategic development of volunteering in the county and training and consultancy. This Position is seconded to Commsortia.
Commsortia was set up to provide a county wide coordinated way of assisting voluntary and community sector organisations in developing large size contract bids of £1million plus, to target sizeable funding opportunities local, Regional, National and European, and to maximise opportunities around Partnership delivery or in growing and improving access to more diverse funding streams through larger collaborations and cross sector partnerships.
Duties of the Business Liaison Officer:
- To build working relationships between voluntary sector organisations and local businesses to improve employability links for their clients as well as open up sustainable relationships to last beyond the project.
- To work with local businesses to improve the likelihood of them employing people with additional support needs.
- To create and develop support and awareness training tools and resources.
- To seek relevant employment opportunities, as well as collaborate with businesses to identify any skills gaps.
- To use insights gained from the role to support participants on the project and help create realistic employment destinations.
- To advise workplaces on how to become more accessible.
- To offer diversity awareness training to employers.
- To explore varied opportunities relevant to the progression of project participants, including apprenticeships and training.
Requirements of the Business Liaison Officer:
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate and build relationships with businesses as well as voluntary sector organisations.
- Demonstrable ability to work collaboratively with partners to help achieve objectives and foster an atmosphere of mutual support
- Ability to use initiative and follow up opportunities and leads when presented.
- The ability to structure own workload and work methodically through conflicting demands and meet deadlines
- Understanding and commitment to equal opportunities
- The ability to relate easily to all sorts of people in a non-judgmental way
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes, the Internet, email, and the ability to develop and record information accurately on databases
- Ability to develop close working relationships with a wide range of people and demonstrate enthusiasm for the voluntary sector and the community
- Willingness to work outside normal office hours and some weekends
- Knowledge of the Northamptonshire voluntary sector organisations and key statutory bodies (Desirable)
- Experience in back to work support (Desirable)
Business Liaison Officer Benefits:
- 20 working days per annum (pro rata) increasing by 1 day for each year of continuous service up to a maximum of 25 days plus Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme. VIN contributes up to 5% of gross annual salary as a matched sum
- Flexible working
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Business Liaison Officer role is right for you thenplease apply today!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 29th June 2018 before 17:30
INTERVIEW DATES: 6th and 9th July 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job