Business Lending Product Manager
This role could be located in London or Birmingham.
As a Barclays Business Lending Product Manager, you will be a part of Business Banking Product and Propositions which are tasked with developing, pricing, maintaining and retiring all business banking products and propositions for Barclays UK. The breadth of this role is end to end and probably the widest ranging of any of the products; ranges from credit policy, operations, product design and features, customer experiences, pricing and distribution. You will be building close day to day working relationships with various groups including Business Banking Finance, Barclays UK Digital, Relationship Management teams and many more to maximise opportunities and achieve objectives.
The Business Lending Team is high performing, innovative, calculate risk takers and collaborative with an ability to build a wide network of strong relationships. The team has a track record of developing and offering opportunities across the team so that they can thereby perform their best to realise their ambitions and career progression. The team sits within Business Banking which is a strategically critical business unit for Barclays UK. We provide banking services to 25% of all UK SMEs, and on-board 100,000 start-ups each year. Our 1 million customers run businesses that turn over up to £6.5m each year, and range from bricks and mortar to high growth technology start-ups.
As a Business Lending Product Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Developing a comprehensive understanding of the market, customer needs and competitor activities
* Contributing to continuous optimisation of products, propositions an experiences - thereby increasing adoption, minimising complaints, maximising client satisfaction and delivering active customer growth
* P&L responsibility, including commercial management of the lending business (overdrafts, term lending, commercial mortgages and specialist Government schemes)
* Actively contributing to the committed financial and product plans; designing, developing and maintaining the business lending product portfolio
* Ensuring that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays operational risk framework and internal Barclays policies and standards
* Being part of an action orientated team who are transforming the lives of Business Banking clients
As a Business Lending Product Manager, your skills and qualifications will include:
* Strong numerical and critical thinking skills and a commitment to achieving commercial objectives in the right way
* A proven track record of managing all stages of the product lifecycle, from customer research and business casing, to project delivery and adoption
* Ability to be innovative and entrepreneurial in particular through the use of emerging digital technology
* Strong communication skills; ability to effectively communicate ideas and feelings to achieve desirable reactions from the audience
* Passion for small business and their owners by taking interest and seeks opportunities to spend time with them
* Knowledge in agriculture, asset finance and/or insurance to the farming industry is desirable but not compulsory
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.