Academic Minds provides world-class academic mentorship to students through our network of freelance Mentors. Our mission is to enable learning from mentor-to-student through developing technological tools to better allow collaboration regardless of geography. The majority of our clients are international students studying in the UK, who often speak English as a second language. We help them to fill the gaps in their education by offering adequate academic support, and thus enabling them to realise their full potential. In light of the effects of Covid-19, our services are increasingly in demand for students wishing to study remotely.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to make the best use of your academic skills in the commercial world. The successful candidate will have the potential to increase the high reputation of our company in delivering projects of outstanding quality. As an Academic Project Manager, you will oversee various kinds of project and manage their progress from the point an order is first placed, through to its conclusion, including assessing the quality of Mentors’ work. Currently, we are looking for project managers qualified in business or law only.
The role requires a breadth of knowledge, keenness to adapt to a fast-evolving environment, a good understanding of online working and study, ability to multitask effectively, work independently and make intelligent decisions. You will act as a liaison point between the Mentor and the client and work closely with the Lead Project Manager and Chief Operations Manager to ensure that the company is always delivering world-class academic mentorship. Due to current coronavirus restrictions, our operations now function completely and successfully online, and the role allows you to work remotely using our custom online platform.
- Understanding project requirements and producing a coherent, clear and appealing brief specification.
- Build strong relationships with our freelance academic mentors, and to match those mentors with suitable projects.
- Facilitating and overseeing every stage of project development, including consultation calls between customers and our mentors.
- Work independently and proactively to push your projects forwards, including regular check-ins with clients and mentors.
- Use your insight to steep projects away from problems, and address challenges in an engaged and proactive way.
- Assessing and quality checking submitted work for projects you manage.
- Identifying areas where more mentors are needed.
- Delegating appropriate tasks to Project Assistants.
- Maximise the value of each project whilst providing customers with an amazing experience.
- Undertake any additional roles as requested by your line managers.
- Master's degree from a Russell Group University or equally prestigious university in either business or law.
- Successful experience of teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students of varied ages, backgrounds and abilities.
- Forward-thinking and hard-working - Our culture is to leverage the latest software and tools to make every process easier, therefore, we also ask that you would be motivated in this way.
- Demonstrable evidence of project management skills.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good administrative and organisational skills.
- Exemplary technical English language skills.
- Familiarity with major referencing styles.
- A clear and concise writing style.
- An eye for careful presentation & aesthetics.
- A PhD in any discipline from a top UK or international university in either business or law.
- A record of original published research in his/her area of expertise.
- Social Awareness of equality and diversity issues in the workplace.
- A fast-paced working environment with smart, fun, motivated team.
- Remote/online working.
- Very competitive private sector salary.
- Immediate start (open to negotiation).
- Quick career progression within an ambitious company in a rapidly expanding sector.
- Gain valuable commercial experience while utilising your academic know-how across a number of research fields.
- Lead Project Manager and Chief Operations Manager
- Communication Skills
- Customer Care
- Project Management
- Team Management
- Delegate Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'