As an international group of Risk Specialists and Employee Benefits Consultants and one of the largest companies of its type in the world. We offer a distinctive choice to our clients and partners through our combination of independence, scale and specialism.
As an independent business, we are able to operate with autonomy and flexibility. We have the scale to provide solutions to the complex demands of the world's leading companies and to deliver global servicing whilst recognising that the needs of each of our clients are unique. By developing highly specialised services, we provide our clients with a depth of expertise and experience.
We now have over 12000 employees and including network offices have a presence in 135 countries.
Business Intelligence Lead Analyst (Permanent)
This role will be working for our Reinsurance Business Unit based in London. Due to a large, on-going transformation programme and a move towards a data centric organisation, the Business Intelligence Lead will lead the development of decision making tools to generate revenue.
You will have specific responsibility for BI development activities, business engagement and portfolio management and, as such, we are looking for a candidate with exceptional technical, communication and stakeholder management skills.
The role will be to manage the pipeline of work from UK stakeholders and engage with an offshore team of resources based in India to manage delivery. This is an end-to-end development role with a fantastic opportunity to work with all different levels of corporate stakeholders.
The BI Lead will be responsible for ensuring the team is successful at interpreting requirements from internal clients, implementing, testing, documenting and supporting Qlikview applications. Specific focus on the ETL and Data Visualisation stages.
This will include:
- Overseeing and performing the development of Qlikview applications over complete lifecycle, once suitable requirements have been defined
- Maintenance of existing daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly Qlikview jobs.
(Some manual some automatic)
- Creation of new task/jobs to the work schedule.
(Viewed through Qlikview management console)
- Troubleshooting / error investigation.
- Following process to ensure promotion of development work through the environments.
- Maintaining and improving documentation of dashboards and key data systems
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Qlikview (Version 11 onwards preferable)
- Qlikview Server
- Qlikview NPrinting
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/8
- Microsoft SQL BI Stack
- Database connectivity with Access, SQL, Oracle and Integration service
- Minimum 7 years BI development experience
- Reinsurance or Insurance background
- Minimum 3 -5 years' experience in QlikView/Nprinting development and administration
- SharePoint experience
- Microsoft packages including Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Requirements gathering,
- Problem solving
- Documentation skills
- Project Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Data Visualisation
As you would expect from a company, we offer highly attractive reward packages. We are aware of how integral our employees are to our progress, so we ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within the UK, typical benefits can include:
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
- Qlikview and SQL
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job