New opportunity not to be missed! CDL has an exciting opportunity for a Business Intelligence Engineer to join the team based in Stockport. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary.
CDL has established its position as a market leader in the highly competitive retail insurance sector by consistently creating powerful software solutions that deliver competitive and innovative advantage to our customers. We've custom-built our own modern, open offices set in our own landscaped campus in Stockport, employing over 600 staff, providing for over 100 internet brands (Asda, Tesco, Money Supermarket, Swinton, AA, and Sainsbury’s) to name a few.
There is also a subsidised restaurant and a games room. We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with
The Role as our Business Intelligence Engineer
Over the last 6 months, we have worked to develop our new BI offering, Kingfisher. We have used a number of cutting edge technologies to push CDL forward in the BI space and are now looking to utilise recent developments in the available technology in order to advance this further. The solution is deployable on premise and in the cloud currently via Amazon Web Services. We provide an analytics module for our clients; this currently makes use of Tableau to perform complex data visualisation ensuring our clients are getting the most out of their data.
As our Business Intelligence Engineer, you will be working to DevOps by join a growing team of BI System Engineers and Data Engineers supporting both our new and legacy BI platforms. An end-to-end Business Intelligence role, which will bring exciting new challenges your way. You will contribute through a combination of development, support and interacting with clients. We are looking for an enthusiastic developer with a “can do” attitude, and a pro-active attitude towards learning new technologies.
Requirements and Experience needed to become our Business Intelligence Engineer
- Experience with working with BI development tools: Integration Services, Reporting Services, Data Modelling, Integration, SQL Server
- Understanding of best practise related to Database and ETL solution design and development
- Advanced proficiency in RDBMS data modelling for relational database systems such as Oracle or SQL server
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyse data to ensure information is accurate and reconcilable to source of origin.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with ETL software, Tableau, Amazon Web Services, RDS
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field; advanced degree is a plus
Benefits of becoming our Business Intelligence Engineer
- Flexible hours
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Award nominated learning programmes
- Community projects
- Opportunities for career progression
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Business Intelligence Engineer then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job