Business Intelligence (BI) Developer- Permanent role
Our client, a leading, diverse and ambitious Public-sector organisation based in Croydon are looking for a first-class individual to take on the role as their new Business Intelligence Developer. On offer is a package of £48,000 plus a typically competitive public-sector benefits package that includes a leading pension contribution.
Our client holds a wealth of data on service users, across multiple systems. Like all large organisations, they face challenges in capturing, structuring, updating and presenting this data in the most efficient and effective way and over the past 18 months have invested resources in several innovative projects as part of a 'Business Intelligence’ programme which have brought together datasets from multiple sources to offer new insights into our service users, demands and costs.
They are now looking to take our approach to the next level and have invested funding to put in place a permanent Business Intelligence team and the required technical infrastructure- at the heart of that team is the Business Intelligence Developer.
The Successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the development of the technical infrastructure required to support this vision and will support and/or directly deliver a number of projects and outputs.
They will work closely with the Business Intelligence Senior Technical Lead to ensure that Business Intelligence initiatives are delivered in a managed way across the organisation and that the benefits arising from these initiatives are delivered.
- Excellent knowledge of delivering projects within a Business Intelligence technical environment
- Excellent knowledge of how to build new data sets and structures and manage the distribution, replication and archive of data
- Good knowledge of programme, project and performance management techniques and methodologies, including Agile
Essential skills and abilities:
- Cloud technologies - Azure in particular
- Microsoft Power BI
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - 2016:
- Analysis Services (SSAS), Relational Database, Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), Data Mining
- Excellent TSQL scripting
- Experience of working with existing ETL framework (Using SSIS, Open Query)
- Query Performance Tuning
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies
- Dimensional Modelling experience
- Oracle, Access, Excel experience as source
- Master Data Management (desirable)
On the non-technical side:
- Business Analysis experience, including definition of requirements using appropriate methods, working with internal service areas to convert requirements into technical specification for development
- Experience working with large, disparate data sets
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies
Our client is an equal opportunities employer. Currently we cannot offer sponsorship for this role, and as such candidates will be required to prove they have right to work in the UK without sponsorship.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Delivering Projects
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job