Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing Analyst
Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing Analyst
Greenergy supplies road fuel to customers in the UK and Canada. Established in 1992, we have grown to become a Fortune 500 global business and the second largest privately-owned company in the UK. We operate globally with offices in Canada, the USA, Brazil and Dubai and source fuels from around the world, receiving over 700 shipments annually. To deliver fuel to our customers, we also have an in-house haulage operation employing over 350 drivers.
Context - Opportunity
This role presents the successful candidate an opportunity to help the Oracle Finance team to design, deliver and support a perennial business intelligence and data warehousing platform to meet an increasing demand for BI across all Greenergy’s business areas. This includes participating in a cloud transformation programme and deliver high-value impacting changes. The experienced candidate will be empowered to leverage their own experience and skills to make a real impact.
Main Job Purpose
Technical Development and Business Intelligence
- Design, Deliver and support reporting, business intelligence and data warehousing solutions
- Design, Develop and Support OBIEE Business Intelligence repository, analysis and reports
- Design, Develop and Support ETLs including relational and service-based data sources
- Design, Develop and Support an Entreprise Data Warehouse
- Develop and maintain best-practice guides and design documentation
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business representatives and business users
- Develop and maintain relationships with key personnel within the vendors.
- Develop and maintain relationships with outsourced technology partners.
- Develop and maintain relationship with the vendor to ensure effective product support
Skills / Attributes Required
- IT background - Computer Science or related discipline
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in BI & DW including relational and multi-dimensional data modelling
- Knowledge of core financial processes and financial reporting is a plus
- General knowledge of business operations around Trading, Risk management, Operations and Logistics is desired
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Advanced Oracle SQL including analytics and performance tuning
- BI development, especially OBIEE/RPD modelling
- ETL development, especially Informatica or ODI
- Knowledge of SOAP and web-services architecture and development
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial Applications is a plus
Skills / Attributes Desired
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Focuses efforts and prioritizes work to deliver business value.
- Overcomes obstacles and adapts approach to achieve outstanding results.
- Bias for action - does things before being asked to or forced to by events.
- Progresses issues, even when only partial information is available.
- Anticipates future situations and plans ahead to meet them.
- Thinks outside the normal parameters, takes unusual perspectives on situations, challenging traditional thinking.
- Builds networks to enhance effectiveness and shared knowledge.
- Actively seeks out know-how and best practice, related to own area of contribution.
- Demonstrates shared commitment to team success.
- Promotes open and effective communication.
- Coaches others to help their development.
Hours of employment
Hours on week days 9:00 to 17:30 plus on call out of hours support. NB. Client and company driven by a 24x7 operating environment, so working outside of and in excess of these hours may be reasonably expected. Some out of hours or weekend work will also be required on an ad hoc basis.
People are key to our continuing success; we work hard to reward, develop and retain staff. We offer a competitive salary, career progression opportunities, along with a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day after 5 years’ service for every full year up to a maximum of 30 days plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Company Pension
- Life Insurance cover of 4 times basic salary
- Eye Care Vouchers, Flu Jabs
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Access to a discount site for things like eating out, health and leisure etc.
- You will also have access to the 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
- Excellent Staff Facilities
To apply for this role please submit a current CV along with a cover letter highlighting how you meet the competencies for the role and detailing your previous experience.
Your cover letter along with your CV will be used to assess your application, therefore applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we regret to advise you that we are unable to respond to Candidates who are not short listed for this role.
If you should have any queries regarding this position please call Debbie Rees No Agencies
- Oracle Financial
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'