Business Intelligence Analyst
Health Management is a subsidiary of MAXIMUS UK and one of the UK’s leading occupational health providers. We believe a healthy and productive workforce is critical to business success. As such, we deliver holistic corporate health and wellness programmes that enable organisations to promote and maintain the physical, mental and social wellbeing of their employees.
We are recruiting for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join the team, based in either Sheffield or Ringmer (near Brighton).
- Develop the tools and maintain the ongoing provision of Business Intelligence, Management Information, Planning and Analytics for Health Management LTD.
- Includes responsibility for Operational, Client and wider business requirements.
- To support the Business Intelligence function with expertise in analysis and report development/production on an ongoing basis.
- To support the BI Production & Analytics Manager in setting up the tools and maintain the ongoing provision of BI, Management Information and Analytics outputs
- Working closely with business areas to develop an understanding of their reporting needs and gaps with a view to creating business wide dashboards, reports, rich visualizations, bespoke analytics and graphics.
- To work with the BI Production & Analytics Manager in setting up the tools required, in accordance with the wider BI Strategy and then ongoing business need to deliver the Business Intelligence, Management Information and Analytics outputs for the company.
- Ensure that day-to-day information needs are catered for in the most efficient manner through production and maintenance of key business reports (e.g. self-service / automated outputs).
- Prepare information for circulation to staff at all levels and for presentation delivery.
- Support the management team in driving the performance of the service through detailed recommendations gained from insight and analysis of data.
- Provide ad hoc support to staff to ensure solid understanding, interpretation and effective use of MI / reports.
- Work with the immediate BI function, stakeholders, colleagues and partners to scope, deliver and refine high quality and relevant BI solutions to drive a performance management culture
- Deliver new and enhancements to existing business critical business intelligence solutions
- Working with the BI team to deliver projects on time and to a high specification
- Identifying database needs and data quality improvements, coordinating with the in-house technology departments and developing BI solutions in line with strategy.
- To deputise for the BI Production & Analytics Manager as required and any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by your line manager.
Education and Experience Requirements
Broad range of analytical skills - excellent analysis and reporting skills and experience.
- Significant expertise in using Excel (including macro writing/ VB A), workforce management systems, relational databases.
- Significant experience of working with SQL Server 2008R2 and Data warehousing.
- Experienced and proficient use of PowerBI (Desirable)
- Able to manipulate and integrate large datasets to provide actionable and intelligent insight.
- Ability to communicate widely and effectively both verbally and through strong written materials and outputs.
- Educated to degree level and/or by experience
- Ability to work accurately under time pressure and to meet agreed deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, innovative thinking and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently
- Location: flexible but based at one of the HML main BI sites (Sheffield or Ringmer). Role will include some travel occasionally between sites.
- Ability to develop and deliver end-to-end BI solutions on data either as part of an overall team or working under your own supervision
Health Management is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'