Business Intelligence Analyst
DWF are looking to recruit an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst based in our prestige office in Liverpool.
We are one of Europe’s most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
Main function of role:
To provide insightful BI analysis to support the growth strategy of DWF; develop and oversee a suite of accurate and timely Client reports for external delivery and internal dashboards and KPI’s for Client and Practice Area Management.
Take lead responsibility to identify client and business intelligence needs ensuring data is collated and interpreted to meet these needs
Take lead responsibility to ensure Client Partners are fully equipped to understand and interpret their client’s performance metrics and identify opportunities for strategic partnerships through the adoption of data analytics.
Ensure all aspects of the Client Reporting SLA are adhered to
Work on reporting projects to advance the level of Business Intelligence and provide technical expertise to accelerate and improve reporting efficiency.
Proactively work with their stakeholders to drive forward continuous improvement and the realisation of the asset of Business Intelligence, identifying and investigating both possible risk areas and potential opportunities.
Engage directly with stakeholders, identifying the most effective platforms to demo existing & alternative metrics to aid their decision making capability to attain companywide targets for organic growth and operational efficiency.
- Responsible to: BI Team Leader
- Liaison with: Client Partners and Fee Earners, Product Heads, IT Development, Business Development, Business Improvement, Finance Business Partner*
- Produce high quality and insightful Business Intelligence. Key Performance / Dashboard measures need to be tailored and relevant to the specific Clients and Product Group.
- Liaise with the Lead MI Technical Analyst, and the MI Reporting Officers around the specifications, changes and developments for the key reports and work with the Senior Business Intelligence Finance Analyst to drive the schedule for completion and also report lifetime.
- Operate within the Business Intelligence Team’s Report Framework, which will encompass content, quality and style together with documentation for production staff, explanation for Client Partners to provide a 'centre of excellence’ service equipping management with the information and tools it needs to drive performance.
- Demonstrate a clear and in-depth understanding of the KPI performance within each Client / Product Group. Become the first point of contact for designated Client Partners & Product Heads.
- Design and deliver analysis to drive improved understanding of performance by client. Provide relevant and pragmatic insight and analysis to improve Client understanding of their performance.
- Proactively seek to develop relationships with Client Partners, Fee Earners and Client representative’s inorder to deliver a more insightful service and expand the scope of BI analytics.
- Identify and analyse Client, Product, Industry trends with business strategy implications
- Support Client Partner with analysis and recommendations at quarterly Client Reviews
- Support Tenders/Bids for all elements of BI provision. Collaboratively working alongside Partner and Clients to ensure bid submissions are professional and innovative.
- Work with the Lead MI Technical Analyst to identify key improvements and changes that need to be made to 3e and Visual Files to ensure that the quality and delivery of Business Intelligence is continuously improved. Identification of innovative and integrated tools to create and deliver periodic and real time reporting
- Sound commercial awareness and the ability to provide 'value add' insight to management.
- Proven experience of delivering data and analysis into the business, anticipating future requirements
- Background in Insurance / Professional Services an advantage if not proven experience of skill and ability to quickly absorb and understand different sectors
- Ability to succinctly communicate and interpret what the BI means; identify opportunities or propose remedial actions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation and influencing skills - must be able to establish a strong and professional relationship with FBP’s and Senior Stake holders based on mutual respect.
- Experience of shaping IT systems and business processes to produce enhanced Management Information and analysis to drive improved business performance
- Willing and able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, particularly at certain times of the month/year
- Willing to work flexibly and travel as the role requires.
- Proactive self-starter with positive can do attitude.
- Advanced Excel, SQL and Report Writing skills and a good understanding of how to extract and analyse management information from core business systems.
- Degree educated or equivalent.
- Business Intelligence
- Law Firms
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job