Industry leading Transportation Manufacturer requires a Business Improvement Lead who will be Responsible for supporting Improvement throughout the business with overall exposure to all areas of the business. Look to identify waste and use lean tools to set clear objectives and deliverables for waste reduction. Specifically to drive Change and Continuous Improvement, at all levels, working closely and alongside the management team in support and implementation of business transformation. Drive initiatives locally, through project management and develop sustainable processes to share business wide.
Responsibilities / Tasks/ Competencies
- Diagnose and understand business opportunities. Evaluate and implement plans to drive change and improvements with local area managers. Drive departmental managers to take ownership and transition improvement methodology across to embed continuous Improvement.
- Use business strategy to drive thought process in moving departments towards a common goal. Use 'Background’ and 'Current Condition’ analysis to drive departmental 'levers’ to push towards a 'target’. Assign 'actions and measures’ to show progress. Use 'As is analysis to determine and drive towards a future state.
- Identify waste and create action plans to remove, evolve and improve on the opportunities found.
- Transform work place and management techniques so that continuous Improvement can be sustained and taken forward indefinitely.
- Look to the future and design process and flow to accommodate varying business demands.
- Supervise work execution, maintaining programme schedules and local plans. Provide resolution to problems and mitigate programme risk.
- Put in place standard tools, techniques and processes for continuous improvement across the company. Use learning to help build, develop and enhance the Business System over time.
- Locally manage the delivery of the transformation and support management in taking the business through new initiatives and new approaches.
The ideal candidate:
- Engineering educated to HNC/HND and degree level as a minimum.
- Lean / Continuous Improvement background, including understanding of 'Lean’ tools and techniques with industry experience
- Awareness of Project Management techniques
- Excellent engagement and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office
- Previous exposure to a high quality manufacturing environment
- Ability to work with and influence others in a fast paced environment, ability to work shifts as required
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job