Business Fire Safety Advisor
Do you have a keen eye for detail and are goal driven? Then join our Business Safety and Engagement team!
Business Fire Safety Advisor
Location: Brigade Headquarters, Stocklake, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP20 1BD
Salary:£30,638 - £34,073 Per Year (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Hours: 37-Hour Week | Full-Time
Benefits: Local Government Pension Scheme | Good Annual Leave Entitlement | Employee Assistance Programme | Occupational Health | Onsite Parking | Gym Facilities
Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service serves a population of more than 800,000 in the Southeast of England. Around 400 Firefighters operate from 19 fire stations from the outskirts of London to the South Midlands. We employ around 100 specialist Support Staff, from ICT to Fire Prevention. We are a diverse, welcoming community - will you join us?
Our Service is only as good as its people. When our employees are engaged and supported, our Service thrives. This why we support flexible and hybrid working.
About the Role
We are excited to be expanding our Business Safety and Engagement team and are looking for a Fire Safety Advisor who will support activities under the Fire Safety Order.
You will be responsible for:
- Engaging with businesses and members of the public with reference to the Fire Safety Order
- Providing fire safety support and guidance to businesses
- Retrieving and updating electronic information from The Premises Risk Management System
- Producing reports, letters, and plans in accordance with fire safety policies and procedures
- Gathering risk information about premises that may present hazards to firefighters
- Carrying out fire safety audits on low-risk premises
- Assist other inspectors in the auditing of more complex premises
We are looking for who is:
- Self-motivated, proactive, and organised
- Able to work on their own and as part of a team
- Committed to continuous personal development
- Confidence in their approach to talking to the public
- Flexible and able to prioritise workloads
- Has good interpersonal skills
- Looking to improve business fire safety within Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of undertaking some form of inspections or investigation where you are required to identify and evaluating risks (ideally within the Fire Safety sector)
- Understanding of Fire Safety regulations
- Experience identifying and implementing mitigations to hazards and risks
- Computer literacy (able to use IT applications)
- GCSE Mathematics & English at grade C (level 4-9) or above
- Full, valid UK Driving License
- Level 3 Certificate in Fire Safety, or willing to working towards this
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate
Anything else you need to know…
This role will be ideal for anyone at supervisory level within the Fire Safety sector, or for someone who has transferable skills gained from experience in investigations, inspections, quality control, or risk management.
Application closing date15/11/2023
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website to complete your application for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applications from people of any colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability are welcome.
If there are any adaptions or adjustments we can make to help you in your application, or with our recruitment process, please contact us via e-mail or telephone.
Everyone who works with us is required to have a DBS check.
Abatement & Protected Pension
If are in receipt of a Firefighter’s pension, before taking up employment with Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes Fire Authority, you are required to notify Human Resources as Abatement Rules may apply.
No agencies please.
1Full Driving Licence
1Understanding of Fire Regulations
1Level 3 Certificate in Fire Safety or willing to work towards
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'