- To engage with our communities to identify individuals and groups who have business ideas and aspirations.
- To provide intensive support to those individuals and groups to help them develop those ideas, from start-up advice through to setting up a social enterprise or other business
- To support and develop existing businesses within target areas.
- To facilitate the start-up and development of successful small and medium sized businesses by mentoring, coaching and supporting existing or potential entrepreneurs in the project area.
- To promote business and enterprise activity amongst social housing tenants
- will be part of a team that is delivering initiatives to help customers to maximise income, move off benefits and into work and as such will be expected to achieve targets in relation to new business start ups and business assists.
- Will also be expected to signpost customers to employment support, training opportunities, volunteering and community projects
- Carry out presentations to organisations and groups of individuals to promote business start up activity.
- Work with individuals and groups to assess needs and develop a plan for working together, with the aim of starting a new business or self employment.
- Directly provide, on a one to one basis and group basis, the mix of information and expertise that a business needs to be able to start trading.
- Work with existing businesses within the target areas to offer support to help sustain and develop that business.
- Deliver workshops that cover the range of business issues encountered at start up. These will be delivered in appropriate settings and with suitable methodologies to meet the needs of the client group.
- Provide intensive one to one business support to individuals during their first twelve months of trading.
- To empower individuals and groups to identify and access services and sources of support, available in their locality, to help them overcome personal barriers that impede progress towards employment, self employment or business ownership.
- Facilitate accredited sector based training and promote volunteering to YH customers as part of the development path to independence.
- Experience of engagement and outreach techniques that increase the take up of enterprise support services by under represented groups and people who are economically inactive
- Previous experience providing intensive business advice to pre start and start up businesses
- Experience in organising and delivering training/workshop sessions that cover key business issues at the pre start and business start up stage
- Knowledge and understanding of the barriers faced by social housing communities and groups that are under represented in enterprise and business start up activities.
- Knowledge of the public and private sector business support infrastructure
- Ability to produce and interpret business accounts including management accounts, profit and loss accounts, cash flows and balance sheets
- A good general understanding of strategic planning, pre-start/start-up market research techniques, basic business law and marketing
- Ability to analyse information, formulate conclusions and make recommendations
- Ability to deliver formal and informal presentations and adapt style according to the audience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with a wide range of people
- Ability to build and maintain good customer relationships
- Willingness to working in partnership with other organisations in respect of service delivery
- Regular updates on national and regional activities
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to contribute to projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Promote Yorkshire Housing in a positive manner
- Ability to keep to deadlines and meet targets
- Appreciation of and commitment to, equality and diversity in all aspects of Yorkshire Housing's activities
- Full driving licence valid for the UK and access to a car
- Hold Basic Disclosure of Scotland
If you are interested in this position please call Kelly Abbiss at Retniue Solutions om or email
Retinue Solutions is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Retinue Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job