Harris Hill is delighted to be working with the Queen Elizabeth Foundation in their search for a new Business Development Strategic Lead on a 12 month contract (which shall be subject to extension based on performance). The role's primary function is to develop all aspects of the operational business in line with the QEF vision and strategy, including maximising service delivery through the sales and marketing of current services and new business development.
QEF is a Surrey based charity with a national ambition committed to providing life-transforming services that enable people with disabilities to increase their independence and achieve their goals in life. The foundation works with around 4,000 individuals annually and provides services from its three core functions which cover Neuro Rehabilitation, Independent Living and Mobility. These core functions are supported by a family of smaller charities which are geared to providing those with disabilities the opportunity to live their lives to the fullest possible extent.
The new role of Business Development Strategic Lead will maximise service delivery through the sales and marketing of current services and the development of new business. Ensuring the success of QEF in delivering the services that disabled people want and need.
JOB PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES
In accordance with the vision of the organisation set up by the Senior Management Team and Board of Trustees, the position has overall responsibility of operational efficiency of the organisation's operations across Surrey and the South East, as well as its supplementary charities. These responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Build on the strategy and annual plans with the SMT, towards achieving financial and operational targets.
- Maintain an awareness of policy and funding changes which may impact the organisation.
- Consolidate existing business and develop new revenue streams by promoting existing and new operational services in close conjunction with the marketing and communications team to ensure the widest possible outreach of QEF's brand and services.
- Manage existing business and provide cogent analysis and sound recommendations for new partnerships and revenue streams and act on these opportunities by leading on bid modelling and writing.
- Working closely with our partnership managers to ensure market intelligence, local knowledge and operational expertise are included in bids.
- Lead and project manage tenders, new business and other funding bids including bid writing, modelling and developing budgets.
- Coordinate and develop the Foundation's business plan in conjunction with lead Trustees, CEO and SMT by establishing key targets, indicators and business development procedures.
- Be the strategic and operational lead in enacting said procedures which will include pitching to prospective business partners.
- Carry out pitches and other presentation required to retain and/or win new business.
Qualification & Training:
- Educated to degree level and/or commensurate experience, preferably with a strong project management component
- Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of relationship management
- Good working knowledge of the Health and Social Care Sector funding streams.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills and an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
- Proven track record in delivering new business, generating income and seeking out prospective partnerships.
- Experience of consistently meeting and exceeding pre-arranged targets.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement and the confidence to confidently engage with senior and board-level figures.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively and with some experience of influencing to achieve an outcome
Those that meet the above criteria who also possess an in-depth understanding of the disability sector are particularly encouraged to apply.