I'm delighted to be representing this award-winning client based at their UK Head Office in Woking, this position is a newly created role within the business and therefore industry experience ie product is required as opposed to selling a service.
The Sales & Business Development Representative is responsible for generating and developing sales for the Company's portfolio of specialist access equipment across the UK and for the Company's markets throughout the UK and Europe.
The following activities and responsibilities form the important and critical aspects of the Job Description, however, there will be additional responsibilities associated with day-to-day business requirements:
- Promote the Company's range of
- Identify new and existing key market sectors or new development opportunities.
- Plan and ensure regular customer contact/visits with existing and potential customers within the designated market sectors whilst establishing key contacts.
- Agree on targets with General manager, set in place system methodology to achieve agreed sales and profit targets.
- Taking customer calls, sales/web enquiries and responding to customer needs as required.
- Liaising / collaborating with training providers to help promote our products.
- Prepare and follow up on customer quotes.
- Maintain customer records, provide regular and comprehensive reports to management on market conditions, buying objections, buying trends, marketing effectiveness, and product feedback.
- Obtain and communicate all relevant product details which affect design, purchasing and production.
- Plan, prepare and attend exhibitions as and when required.
- Prepare and present sales presentation and product demonstrations both internally and to customers / potential customers.
- Provide technical support regarding costing and estimation of products projects and tenders as the business needs require.
- Assist Sales colleagues across the business when required, with key account UK customers either through visits or entertaining.
- Co-ordination with team, particularly the Production and Quality Manager and the Support Administrator.
- Assist with reports and information market sector and customer related information appertaining future business planning. Prepare monthly or quarterly progress and outstanding quotation reports.
- Provide training for customers.
- Key to the role is good knowledge of the health & safety industry, relevant industry standards and best practice for the company products.
The successful candidate will be office based a couple of days a week in Woking and will be visiting customers all over the UK and occasionally Europe.
- Business Development
- New Business
- Sales Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Cold Calls